Sabres Hire Matt Smith as Video Coordinator

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

So who does he know?  HS hockey coach gets a gig with an NHL team. 

That being said, I have no idea what a video coordinator of an NHL team does..sets the team DVR? 🤣

Once upon a time we were missing a fax machine coordinator. Maybe the franchise really is looking up!

• Haha (+1) 2

Well, it sounds like they got a successful HS coach who wants to break into the NHL and is willing to start pretty low on the totem pole.  I assume his job will be to assemble video breakdowns of Sabre players and opponents and similar matters.

It might be better to have a guy with coaching experience doing this job than just a young tech-savvy kid with no real coaching knowledge or understanding of the game.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, it sounds like they got a successful HS coach who wants to break into the NHL and is willing to start pretty low on the totem pole.  I assume his job will be to assemble video breakdowns of Sabre players and opponents and similar matters.

It might be better to have a guy with coaching experience doing this job than just a young tech-savvy kid with no real coaching knowledge or understanding of the game.

Well at least one person tried to understand the actual role and event versus testing their comedy chops.

https://www.zippia.com/video-coordinator-jobs/

https://www.nba.com/suns/news/feature_elvisinthebuilding_100816.html

I would imagine the NHL life ain't much different.

• dislike 2

Why is this a thread?

People can bookmark sabres.com.

I'm just about over the spamming of this board. This is supposed to be next level Sabres discussion. If it's truly an interesting and important hire, it'll get discussed.

Stop driving the conversation with some pro-PSE agenda.

Many of us also have Internet service.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • dislike 4

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Why is this a thread?

I'm just about over the spamming of this board. This is supposed to be next level Sabres discussion. If it's truly an interesting and important hire, it'll get discussed.

What are you talking about?  There is nothing pro-ownership about this.  It’s simply a little note on someone who was hired by the Sabres.

Its of little obvious consequence, and there is little serious discussion happening on it.  It’s the offseason and there isn’t much going on.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Why is this a thread?

Geez.  What are you so unhappy about?  Can't we look forward to the season and feel optimistic about the off-ice moves made by the organization without you fouling everyone's Wheaties? 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Why is this a thread?

Let's research threads you've started🤔😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

From BN…

The Sabres also announced Monday that Matt Smith has joined Don Granato's coaching staff as a video coordinator. 

Most recently, Smith was the head coach at Saint Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, where he previously ran the Chicago Jets youth hockey organization. He and Granato met approximately a decade ago, when the latter was scouting for the Vancouver Canucks.

Smith led Saint Ignatius to its first Chicago Catholic Hockey League championship for the 2021-22 seasonn. He was also named the league's coach of the year.

The opening on Granato's staff was created by former video coach Myles Fee joining the Florida Panthers.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.