Sabres National Television Schedule for 2022-23

Brawndo

I thought that ESPN+ had most of the games last year and was a viable alternative to the NHL Center Ice package.  Is that not the case this year?  Or maybe I had it wrong.  I was planning to subscribe to ESPN+ this year to get the games, but if they only have 8 games, it's not worth it.  Maybe those 8 are only the games that are ALSO on Hulu?  Obviously, I am not in the Buffalo market, hence the need for an out-of-market solution.  I've been unwilling to pay for it the last several years (for obvious reasons), but I'm back in this year and just looking for the best solution.

Center Ice is only $60 or $70 and I can DVR the games that I miss or am late to watch (which is most of them because I live in the west). 

As a side note, I have read that an issue with ESPN+ is that it shows the real-time scores at the bottom of the screen (including for the game you are watching) even if you are watching the game on delay.  For me, watching most games later, that's a deal breaker and Center Ice/DVR is the choice.

Sorry if I veered slightly off topic, but I would appreciate any insight from the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I thought that ESPN+ had most of the games last year and was a viable alternative to the NHL Center Ice package.  Is that not the case this year?  Or maybe I had it wrong.  I was planning to subscribe to ESPN+ this year to get the games, but if they only have 8 games, it's not worth it.  Maybe those 8 are only the games that are ALSO on Hulu?  Obviously, I am not in the Buffalo market, hence the need for an out-of-market solution.  I've been unwilling to pay for it the last several years (for obvious reasons), but I'm back in this year and just looking for the best solution.

Center Ice is only $60 or $70 and I can DVR the games that I miss or am late to watch (which is most of them because I live in the west). 

As a side note, I have read that an issue with ESPN+ is that it shows the real-time scores at the bottom of the screen (including for the game you are watching) even if you are watching the game on delay.  For me, watching most games later, that's a deal breaker and Center Ice/DVR is the choice.

Sorry if I veered slightly off topic, but I would appreciate any insight from the board. 

Disney+ bundle with hulu and ESPN+ is $14 a month and you will get all the games.

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

If you pay for ESPN+ you get those Hulu games.  The only games you don't get are the ones on TNT. Now my question is will they show the MSG pre- and post-game shows on ESPN+ this year?

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

As an out of towner, what can I subscribe to that will give me all the games (accept the "National" games")? 

Does Hulu really mean Hulu+?  

Just get ESPN+. You'll get every game except TNT games. I assume you can get TNT on your cable/streaming service?

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Last year ESPN+ had several weekly exclusive games (those 8 mentioned above should be in that category) and was the on-line equivalent of CI and showed all out of market games except those that were TNT.  They didn't show in-market non-ESPN+ games live, but IIRC they would add them to their library a couple days later.

The ESPN+ exclusive games were removed from the reply library pretty quickly - there was something like a 4 week shelf life.

CI was really cheap over DTv / cable, but they only had about 1/2 the regular season games and no post-season games because they didn't get both TNT exclusive games nor ESPN+ exclusive.

Expecting as it's still the same contract that things will still work the same this year in the US.

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

As an out of towner, what can I subscribe to that will give me all the games (accept the "National" games")? 

Does Hulu really mean Hulu+?  

No, Hulu and Hulu + are different. 

I have espn+ here is AZ and it's great. It has almost every game for every team, college BB(I'm a Bona fan, watched most of their games), college FB...  it's a great deal, plus Disney is great too. Either channel is worth the price, getting both is a real bargain.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just get ESPN+. You'll get every game except TNT games. I assume you can get TNT on your cable/streaming service?

Ok great.  I still have ESPN+ from last season (I should have turned it off after the last hockey season but i forgot - the streaming trap).  

11 hours ago, klos1963 said:

No, Hulu and Hulu + are different. 

I have espn+ here is AZ and it's great. It has almost every game for every team, college BB(I'm a Bona fan, watched most of their games), college FB...  it's a great deal, plus Disney is great too. Either channel is worth the price, getting both is a real bargain.

ESPN+ is very good with one exception, they do not stay on air for the Sabre post game show so I miss Marty and Duffer, which  like to hear after the game.  

For those who stream, Fubo and DirecTV Stream are the only streaming services that have MSG.  Fubo does not have ANY Turner Broadcast channels, so no TNT.

So I will miss 4 Sabres games this year unless I get another service that has TNT.  The cheapest option I know is to get Sling.

You can also get Spectrum TV (in this area) and you'll get it all.  You may also get boned pretty good on costs (cable box charge, broadcast surcharge, etc.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.