Sabres Training Camp 2022

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I think Kulich’s style is similar enough to Tuch’s on the ice (chasing pucks to the corner, physically getting into plays, etc.) that putting him with TT and Skinner for the scrimmages makes a lot of sense. I hate the use of “Power Forward” since the definition is pretty varied depending on who you ask, but I guess both fill that role is what I’m saying (Kulich may have more finesse than Tuch honestly). It’s a good way to measure his skill and where he’s at currently against a solid barometer we already know about with Tuch. Gives us a decent idea if/when Kulich might be ready to play that role.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

For conversation sake, a line of OK, Girgs and Asplund would likely spend a good bit of time matched up against opponents' top lines, no?. That would necessitate more than 10 - 12 minutes per night (and add a little bit of scoring?).

Maybe. As things were. I remember the game last season though where Cozens shut down McDavid and it makes me think the checking line or 2 way line or whatever you want to call it should be built and structured around him and that line should get the big match ups. 

The point really is if it's an incremental build you are going to want to phase out the guys who aren't part of the future and I do believe that is Zemgus and Kyle. 

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Does anyone, though?

For preseason?

Nicely done, and I guess that explains the market in DC.

Yep.  For preseason.  Looks like that was about 1/3 of windows price which is nuts unless the Sabres are back up to 12k or so STs (charging us STHers nearly full price for preseason gets them some legit $'s for those games but it just seems scummy charging that much when both teams will have at most 1/2 an NHL roster & the visitors won't play any of their stars (they usually put the top unit in their own home games to try to half arsed appease the home fans; wasn't all that long ago that preseason games were given to STHers for 1/2 price to 1 game & the other 2 (or so) were free).

Just couldn't take more than 1/3 of the price for them because at best the game is worth 1/3 of what the Sabres took.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:03 AM, JustOneParade said:

Sucks that ESPN+ doesn't carry the MSG pre- and post-game shows. Not sure why. Center Ice used to.

I'm pretty sure it's something contractually between ESPN and MSG, because other sports nets pre- and post-game coverage is airing on ESPN+.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Who the 3rd member of the line will be this season is going to be interesting.

Tuch plays well there and gives them a physical mismatch against other teams. But he will also strengthen any line and give more depth.

Skinner Tage

Cozens Tuch

are two interesting pairs. Where Quinn and JJ fit into all this may play a factor.

I did like the idea of Quinn Cozens JJ yesterday.

29 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Who the 3rd member of the line will be this season is going to be interesting.

Tuch plays well there and gives them a physical mismatch against other teams. But he will also strengthen any line and give more depth.

Skinner Tage

Cozens Tuch

are two interesting pairs. Where Quinn and JJ fit into all this may play a factor.

I did like the idea of Quinn Cozens JJ yesterday.

That’s something I personally have noticed DG doing. He likes keeping two guys together more times then not, and swapping out the third guy to help with chemistry or who’s hot at the time. It’s not an absolute practice, but I seem to remember this happening often last season.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I really hope Comrie gets the start tomorrow night.

Anderson's playing... at least I think I read that somewhere.  It's interesting actually... is Comrie the 1A and the battle for backup is between UPL and Andy?  In an interview Andy said he feels like he needs to fight for his ice time and that's a good thing.  He embraces the competition and if the other guy turns out better it makes for a better team, but he has to be ready to step in.  I kind of see Anderson as very potentially the 3rd goalie, if not right away, at some point during the season.

22 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

That’s something I personally have noticed DG doing. He likes keeping two guys together more times then not, and swapping out the third guy to help with chemistry or who’s hot at the time. It’s not an absolute practice, but I seem to remember this happening often last season.

I think he stated as much in the past.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.