The Prokhor Poltapov Appreciation Thread

Crusader1969

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Poltapov’s team is one game away from winning the KHL championship 

been an up and down year for him, playing limited minutes 

though he has been playing on the 2nd line in the finals.   

next season should be interesting for him as he earns a bigger role on his squad 

I’m still very much excited to see what he brings as a power forward to the Sabres in a few more seasons. (3 I think ) 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

next season should be interesting for him as he earns a bigger role on his squad 

I’m still very much excited to see what he brings as a power forward to the Sabres in a few more seasons. (3 I think ) 

I haven’t seen any highlights of him this season. Does he play a “heavy” game? He is listed as 6’ 176.

The end of the KHL season means KA can try and sign a few guys to come over. I think Neuchev and Novikov are FA.

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t seen any highlights of him this season. Does he play a “heavy” game? He is listed as 6’ 176.

The end of the KHL season means KA can try and sign a few guys to come over. I think Neuchev and Novikov are FA.

He's not big, but he's a dirty areas player who pisses opponents off and can make plays in traffic. Think Vaclav Varada.

Sounds like the Sabres will be making every effort to sign Novikov and Neuchev as soon as the window opens later this spring and that they've been laying the groundwork to make that happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Three more years?  He should be in Rochester next year then.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.