Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

30 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Hines is an upgrade there tho. Shakir is slow 

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If running a 4.42 40 is slow, then sure...

4.43 is what i read for shakir. certainly not slow, but not a burner either by nfl skill position standards. yet again otoh, it's not as though being a pure burner is crucial to being an excellent kick returner -- much better to have someone who, before they're a burner, is sure handed, has great vision, and is fearless. being adequately fast, along with those other 3 elements, is more than fine.

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Like i said you guys are pretty much a lock 

Gabe Davis is the same as, or better than, OBJ. He’s at least three inches taller and ten pounds heavier.

Gabe 2021: 16 games, 4 starts, 35 receptions, 549 yards, 6 TD.

OBJ 2021: 14 games, 13 starts, 44 receptions, 537 yards, 5 TD. 

Maybe OBJ could be a slot receiver at this point and see some single coverage, but he’s just another mouth to feed. McKenzie and Shakir (and Crowder, if he can get back) are more than enough. Plus Knox and now Hines.

Unless there’s a major injury, ODB will have a much larger role elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

On a completely different note, Zach Moss is probably going to start this weekend!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/02/jonathan-taylor-out-of-practice-after-aggravating-ankle-injury/

Good for him.  He seems like a decent enough guy but was never going to get the usage he needed to be successful in Buffalo.

Could be one of those trades where both teams get what they need out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Gabe Davis is the same as, or better than, OBJ. He’s at least three inches taller and ten pounds heavier.

Maybe OBJ could be a slot receiver at this point and see some single coverage, but he’s just another mouth to feed. McKenzie and Shakir (and Crowder, if he can get back) are more than enough. Plus Knox and now Hines.

Even if OBJ= Davis, acquiring him still has value. Depth, if nothing else, would be worth it. Plus another weapon that the opponent has to scout and prepare for. I don't think I want him long term, but if he wants to come play for December->February I'll take any edge I can get.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good for him.  He seems like a decent enough guy but was never going to get the usage he needed to be successful in Buffalo.

Either Beane or McDermott said basically that today. He needed to get fed more often than he was ever going to get here. 

I like the Hines pickup for the same reason I said I'd take OBJ. Give me more weapons, period.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Superbowl contenders don't worry about these things if you can add a number 1 WR for free you do it .

Injuries happen 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Superbowl contenders don't worry about these things if you can add a number 1 WR for free you do it .

Injuries happen 

ODB hasn’t been a number one receiver since 2019.  
2020 319 yards receiving and ACL tear

2021 537 yards receiving. 

2022 ACL tear

He has a nice playoff last year, but I would rather see Shakir take those targets.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Indy needs someone to run into their offensive line from behind repeatedly while missing open lanes?

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

ODB hasn’t been a number one receiver since 2019.  
2020 319 yards receiving and ACL tear

2021 537 yards receiving. 

2022 ACL tear

He has a nice playoff last year, but I would rather see Shakir take those targets.  

OBJ career was  Stalled because of Baker Mayfield.

Hes still elite and buffalo would be  Idiotic to say no thank you and let him go to your rivals the Kansas City Chiefs? 

21 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

On a completely different note, Zach Moss is probably going to start this weekend!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/02/jonathan-taylor-out-of-practice-after-aggravating-ankle-injury/

I think they have another back that did well for them with Taylor out so he likely will be starting...Deion something or other...

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Dolphins just signed the worst contract ever .

Good day for your bills 

Dolphins gave up assets and used a huge chunk of cap space for Chubb who has problems staying on the field.

However that contract pales to the one the Broncos gave Russell Wilson who they also gave a lot more compensation to get than Miami did...at least Chubb has played well this year. Wilson has been a dumpster fire.

Worse contract after giving up more compensation...

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

OBJ career was  Stalled because of Baker Mayfield.

Hes still elite and buffalo would be  Idiotic to say no thank you and let him go to your rivals the Kansas City Chiefs? 

He was a 1k receiver with baker mayfield and has since had two ACL tears and turns 30 on Saturday. 

You think he’s good, I don’t. I think it helps the Bills in 2022 if he signs elsewhere. Go Bills. 

56 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

He was a 1k receiver with baker mayfield and has since had two ACL tears and turns 30 on Saturday. 

You think he’s good, I don’t. I think it helps the Bills in 2022 if he signs elsewhere. Go Bills. 

Really had absolutely no interest in him, BUT two of the biggest character/process guys on the Bills do want him (Von Miller & Tre White).  If they think he'd make the team better, then there may be something to the thought that he'd be a good piece to add.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really had absolutely no interest in him, BUT two of the biggest character/process guys on the Bills do want him (Von Miller & Tre White).  If they think he'd make the team better, then there may be something to the thought that he'd be a good piece to add.

If, and it’s a big if, he can return to pre-injury form, then he’d be a terrific stretch run/playoff team addition. He might have been the SB MVP if not for the injury. He looked damn good with the Rams. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

If he recovers from the ACL, he could help in the playoffs. In 4 games (including the super bowl where he was injured early) he had 288 yards and 2 TDs. Not bad for a 2nd option behind Kupp. He definitely was showing up when it mattered most, and you can’t have enough of those players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It looks like we also reacquired Dean Marlowe at the deadline for extra safety help.  The Bills gave Atlanta a 7th in 2023 for Marlowe.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-dean-marlowe-is-pumped-to-be-back-in-blue-and-red

Just like the Sabres, always happy to have someone who wants to be here.  He knows the defense in and out and will be a great fit.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 11/2/2022 at 4:05 PM, Flashsabre said:

I haven’t watched Hines. Does he bring the same skill set as Cook?

I would say similar skill set, but more developed. Better check down option at this point, as he has really quick acceleration and good vision than our other backs. He could also end up lining in the slots and points. Also gives us some interesting options for cook and Hines lining up in the backfield/motioning across. 

Also has some returning ability.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/3/2022 at 12:52 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

You should look at von millers  Latest post.

Pretty much guarantees you guys getting OBJ soon