Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Depending on this draft and what the Bills do with Edmunds will pretty much determine whether I'll have any faith in Beane left. 

Seriously? The guy has built the best teams we have had in two decades.  Only injuries, mostly on defense, kept this team from being elite in the end and they still only lost 3 regular season games by 8 points total.  Yes the o-line needs work and his drafting needs to be better, but these are correctable issues. 

Have a little faith. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Seriously? The guy has built the best teams we have had in two decades.  Only injuries, mostly on defense, kept this team from being elite in the end and they still only lost 3 regular season games by 8 points total.  Yes the o-line needs work and his drafting needs to be better, but these are correctable issues. 

Have a little faith. 

I think that's the point, thnigs need to be corrected. Beane has had a few years to correct the o-line, and drafting might just be a string of bad luck. But if the Bills roll out the same O-line next year, it's a problem.

6 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think that's the point, thnigs need to be corrected. Beane has had a few years to correct the o-line, and drafting might just be a string of bad luck. But if the Bills roll out the same O-line next year, it's a problem.

If Beane wastes more assets on RB like a 2nd or a 1st than he clearly doesn't get it and needs to go. 

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Have a little faith. 

As I  have said repeatedly, this does not matter to  me. And it wasn't only injuries, this team had severe flaws. 

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Beane wastes more assets on RB like a 2nd or a 1st than he clearly doesn't get it and needs to go. 

As I  have said repeatedly, this does not matter to  me. And it wasn't only injuries, this team had severe flaws. 

I was listening to Schopp and Bulldog the other day (I actually enjoy them for the most part) and heard Bulldog having a take on the team's O-line. In sum and substance, it was "do we really need to prioritize the line in the way that other teams do when we've got freakin' Superman back there?"

Hoo boy. Lord almighty.

I'm sort of coming around to the idea that Beane has done precious little other than getting it right on Josh Allen and signing Diggs. Add in Von Biller maybe? Bad luck, that.

There's some other nice stuff for Beane on the draft side - Taron and Milano especially - but there are other not so good picks that balance out those kinds of selections.

So, it's a reiteration of the age-old rule: A GM's job security is a function of getting it right on the QB.

Beane got it right at QB. I'd go so far to say that he got it very right.

And now I pray that they get serious about figuring out ways to protect and preserve Allen. I realize that Bulldog's hot take on the O-line was just one of a thousand takes that he's obliged to have in the course of a season and related offseason, and that it's just a radio guy's take ... but it concerned me because such a view would help explain why the Bills have done what they've done (and what they haven't done) at O-line.

Oh. And credible play action. Let's get after that as well.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

Fix the culture and belief?  Absolutely 

Talent assessors and Xs and Os in the moment?  Subpar. And years of it is catching up to them now. Allen has covered for MANY faults

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

20 mill over cap, he will lose some key players.   He will need a good draft.

The NFL salary cap is an illusion and any cap room he needs to retain players he actually wants to retain, can be readily created. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/24/2022 at 3:54 PM, Thorny said:

True. To me Mahomes still looks like The Guy though. Easy to default to the  QB come playoff time 

Im not dunce enough to count out the bucs, for this same reason. If they get in, and they will cause their div sucks, that’s a tough out. 

Give me the bills, chiefs and bucs and I’ll relinquish the field 

I’m down to 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I hope Beane is watching this Super Bowl.  Everyone on offense gets better when you have a good O-Line. 

He needs to draft 2 OL early and get 2 more through trades or free agency. 

What are you talking about?  Hurts just dribbled the ball for a KC touchdown and neither line looks good.

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hurts just dribbled the ball for a KC touchdow

What does Jalen dropping the ball have anything to do with Philly’s line? Nothing.  Their line just helped them convert a bunch of 4th downs and Hurts is completing 90% of his passes. So sure their line sucks.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

What hoes Jalen dropping the ball have anything to do with Philly’s line? Nothing.  Their line just helped them convert a bunch of 4th downs and Hurts is completing 90% of his passes. So sure their line sucks.

It has to do with him not having time to do anything other than screw up, and now what just happened to Mahomes?  You're full of it; these are not great lines.

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It has to do with him not having time to do anything other than screw up, and now what just happened to Mahomes?  You're full of it; these are not great lines.

Philly's O-line is unreal.

And I'm tired of Mahomes' bullchit about being hurt. How many more more times are we going to have to hear about him being injured only to not be. It's crap. Watch him run to the locker room in the tunnel. There isn't a single hitch in his giddyup. Him being hurt is complete gamesmanship and I hope the Eagles make him pay for it.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And I'm tired of Mahomes' bullchit about being hurt. How many more more times are we going to have to hear about him being injured only to not be. It's crap. Watch him run to the locker room in the tunnel. There isn't a single hitch in his giddyup. Him being hurt is complete gamesmanship and I hope the Eagles make him pay for it.

Curt Schilling?

(And yes, I did turn the game off per the Super Bowl thread.)

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I hate self quoting, but, how's that high ankle sprain doin. Total BS.

• Agree 1