Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

People who think the O Line is the only problem might forget that the Skylar Thompson-led Dolphins hung 24 offensive points on the Bills, and I don't care that one of those drives started deep in Buffalo territory (just like I don't care that one of the Bills' drives started deep in Miami territory--they cancel out).  Dorsey and the line might get better.  Frazier will not; we know what he is capable of and it isn't enough.  

If they spend every opportunity cost asset (picks, cap room, whatever) on keeping Edmunds, getting a couple more quality O-Linemen, *and* replacing Frazier, I'll be fine.  If they can do that while getting a real WR2, I'll be ecstatic.  

And I know, it's one of the best regular-season defenses in the league.  But Frazier becomes a chicken in the playoffs and we have seen that for several years now.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Talk about over reactions.  This team is just fine, but needs some luck health wise and a couple O-Lineman.  Remember this team went 13-3, with the 3 losses by 8 points in arguably the best Div in football. All this despite so many injuries to key players on both sides of the ball.

There probably aren’t any OLine game changers at 28, but with a little luck TE Darnell Washington will be there.  He can transform this offense like he did for GA.  He is a 6th OL, is a wall to run behind, can pass block and give Josh a giant red zone/end zone target.  He’ll allow Knox to work as a Kelce Goebert type receiver.

In the 2nd Beane should grab an inside OL and in the 3rd there are 4 really good safeties who could be available, Battle (Ala), Smith (GA) and the kids from Penn St and Fla St.  Any of the 4 could start immediately if necessary.  After that another OL, a RB, and a LB should be on the radar.

• Like (+1) 1

I understand and even share some of the more dire concerns with the future of the Bills, as expressed upthread.

That said, most Las Vegas books have the Bills as trailing only the Chiefs and 49ers as favourites to win the Super Bowl in 2024. Those kinds of assessments are far from arbitrary. The Bills are still really good, apparently.

Edited by That Aud Smell

56 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It is a lot easier for even mediocre receivers to get open when the offencive line can man block for 4 seconds.  Beane and McDermott have to get it through their skulking skulls that they can't keep the defence together at the expense of the offence.  The offencive line has the #1-3 needs this off-season in both free agency and at the draft.

I thought bend-don't-break was kinda predicated on the offense being great so the D just has to be good enough. It doesn't work if you prioritize the D personnel over adding what the O needs.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean your quarterback was playing at 65% half the season. 

Hes healthy you would be the ones holding up the trophy 

I don’t agree with this at all. They were out loaded in their game against Cincinnati.  
Their roster can match up against anyones. In the sport that coaching matters most, the Bills need a serious upgrade.  McDermott and Frazier are good coaches , they need great to beat Andy Reid 

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really?  He wasn't healthy this year since the Jest loss.  (Possibly since the GB game.)

He was stopped in Miami in the red zone repeatedly. I'm sure we'll toss out the heat there. He was stopped the year before multiple times. 

I love Josh Allen but he's not unstoppable. 

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He was stopped in Miami in the red zone repeatedly. I'm sure we'll toss out the heat there. He was stopped the year before multiple times. 

I love Josh Allen but he's not unstoppable. 

I don't understand how you can use the Miami game for a reference when the whole team was dying of heat stroke lol

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't understand how you can use the Miami game for a reference when the whole team was dying of heat stroke lol

Best part of your response is I called you out for it before you even said it. Josh Allen can be stopped, go cheer for the Packers.