Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

And Cincy was called for 2 penalties the entire game the week before.  They got away w/ stuff there.  The refs are a factor, always are, but aren't the difference.  As long as they're letting the same stuff go both ways, not much to complain about.  And, though didn't watch last night's game closely, am fairly confident that Cincy got away w/ holds too based on the previous week's game.

Was listening to One Bills Live earlier and they had a guest on (I forget who) and he attributes the poor refereeing to the league’s All Star Ref system which takes the highest graded officials from the regular season to work the post season. He said the none of the refs working the KC/Cinci game had ever worked together before. He said it was ridiculous to have that happen in a conference championship game. But that system is collectively bargained with the ref union and they would have to agree to change it. I agree that it needs to be scrapped as well. 

Edited by K-9
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

I do not want to spend on WR. It might be a weakness but I believe Josh can make any jag receiver look good. Need to fix the o line. And d line. And coaching. 

Coaching needs changes, but it won't happen, alas. Oline is priority one, full stop, but WR2 is a real need. 

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

And Cincy was called for 2 penalties the entire game the week before.  They got away w/ stuff there.  The refs are a factor, always are, but aren't the difference.  As long as they're letting the same stuff go both ways, not much to complain about.  And, though didn't watch last night's game closely, am fairly confident that Cincy got away w/ holds too based on the previous week's game.

Officiating was certainly not a factor in the Bills/Bengals game.

I didn't watch the KC/Cincy game, but a game decided by a field goal as time runs down can certainly be, and most probably was, affected by officiating. 

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Officiating was certainly not a factor in the Bills/Bengals game.

I didn't watch the KC/Cincy game, but a game decided by a field goal as time runs down can certainly be, and most probably was, affected by officiating. 

You missed the point.  Should've been more clear.  Sorry.

Was saying that Cincy fans are whining about holding calls KC got away w/.  Based on the previous week's game, know that Cincy holds a lot too.  So, am pretty sure Cincy got away w/ a lot of them vs KC too. 

Didn't watch the game closely enough to say if the refs favored KC or Cincy or neither.  But expect it was neither.  The unnecessary roughness call at the end was the right one.  Mahomes was clearly into the white when 58 got to him and the main force of the hit came on the other side of that big white stripe.  And 58 crashed hard into his own bench making the hit.  It was a painfully dumb play to make & watch & really didn't care who won.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel better about the Bills cap situation after reading the Athletic’s article about how the Bills can get under the cap.

The Bills are over next years cap by about $20 mill.  Restructuring Allen’s salary to a prorated signing bonus alone gets the Bills under the cap.  They can also save $10 mill cutting McKenzie, Hines and Settle.  Diggs and Miller can also be restructured.  Extending Morse, Hyde and Oliver can also yield cap savings.  

https://theathletic.com/4139776/2023/01/31/buffalo-bills-nfl-salary-cap/

On 1/31/2023 at 3:07 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I feel better about the Bills cap situation after reading the Athletic’s article about how the Bills can get under the cap.

The Bills are over next years cap by about $20 mill.  Restructuring Allen’s salary to a prorated signing bonus alone gets the Bills under the cap.  They can also save $10 mill cutting McKenzie, Hines and Settle.  Diggs and Miller can also be restructured.  Extending Morse, Hyde and Oliver can also yield cap savings.  

https://theathletic.com/4139776/2023/01/31/buffalo-bills-nfl-salary-cap/

Oh thank god

On 1/31/2023 at 10:49 AM, Taro T said:

You missed the point.  Should've been more clear.  Sorry.

Was saying that Cincy fans are whining about holding calls KC got away w/.  Based on the previous week's game, know that Cincy holds a lot too.  So, am pretty sure Cincy got away w/ a lot of them vs KC too. 

Didn't watch the game closely enough to say if the refs favored KC or Cincy or neither.  But expect it was neither.  The unnecessary roughness call at the end was the right one.  Mahomes was clearly into the white when 58 got to him and the main force of the hit came on the other side of that big white stripe.  And 58 crashed hard into his own bench making the hit.  It was a painfully dumb play to make & watch & really didn't care who won.

If you saw the clip of the Cincy sideline when 58 made the hit, they all knew it was a late hit as well. As far as the holding calls the Cinci fans are complaining about on that last play, it’s mostly a misunderstanding of what is, and what isn’t allowed per rules. 
All that being said, the officiating has been brutal in these playoffs and I think the NFL is finally realizing they just address it.

I’ve been saying for awhile that getting in bed with gambling is going to have at least one positive effect. Gamblers are going to insist on fairness and a correct outcome. I could even see a lawsuit happening. It might not be winnable but someone with deep pockets could make things uncomfortable for them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2023 at 3:07 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Oof. 

No thanks. The guy hasn't been a bust, but he has surely disappointed based on where he was drafted. He was my greatest hope for pressure on Burrow prior to that Cincy game. The fact that they have to pay him on that 5th year option is suboptimal.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oof. 

No thanks. The guy hasn't been a bust, but he has surely disappointed based on where he was drafted. He was my greatest hope for pressure on Burrow prior to that Cincy game. The fact that they have to pay him on that 5th year option is suboptimal.

Agreed, I think they've had some success bringing in mid-range/short term types. I would prefer Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips and one other of that type than sign Oliver to a bloated contract long term. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

We're predisposed to believing it since he's a known puncher of at least one woman in the face.

Who is we?

When these stories make the news, do we have instant recall of the accused's background?

No. We are conditioned to believe that charges against people are true. And even moreso when it's a young black male.

Look at the headline. It's atrocious journalism.

"Bengals’ Joe Mixon charged for allegedly pointing gun at woman"

How about:

"Police allege Mixon pointed gun at woman, file charges"?

One is not charged for. And you don't make the claim someone did something and add "allegedly" to make it look fair. You can't allegedly point a gun.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Who is we?

When these stories make the news, do we have instant recall of the accused's background?

No. We are conditioned to believe that charges against people are true. And even moreso when it's a young black male.

Look at the headline. It's atrocious journalism.

"Bengals’ Joe Mixon charged for allegedly pointing gun at woman"

How about:

"Police allege Mixon pointed gun at woman, file charges"?

One is not charged for. And you don't make the claim someone did something and add "allegedly" to make it look fair. You can't allegedly point a gun.

I actually agree with this, I don't think Mixon is a Saint by any means, but the Sensationalism of headlines these days is way out of hand. 

I still go back to Matt Ariaza and the headlines that essentially had him guilty and essentially cut, just to find out the charges were dropped. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

We're predisposed to believing it since he's a known puncher of at least one woman in the face.

There's a reason he nearly fell out of the top-50 when the Bengals got him in the 2nd round. IIRC, he broke several bones in the victim's face. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Who is we Who Dey?

FTFY.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

This is a distinction without a difference to me. And you can allegedly point a gun. You can allegedly do anything. If someone alleges you did something, then you allegedly did it. That's literally what the word means.

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

This is a distinction without a difference to me. And you can allegedly point a gun. You can allegedly do anything. If someone alleges you did something, then you allegedly did it. That's literally what the word means.

It's sloppy writing and is prejudicial. I will never agree one can allegedly do anything. Adverbs modify verbs. How does one point a gun? You can point straight, calmly or wildly. One cannot point it allegedly.

I'll die on this hill lol.

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Did they all go to the Bahamas together?

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I think so, Krebs is there too

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens, Bryson, also there. Looked like Tuch in that video taking Tages kid.

It’s hard not to love these guys.