Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

58 is a moron.

He just cost his team a shot at OT.

So is 21, who was just standing there in the white paint, leaving little space for his teammate 58 to run into.  Saw the replay a few times.

Edited by Eleven

It was a lose lose on who won. After the smack talk I'm glad to see the Bengals head to cancun with Eli Apple, but I don't really like the Chiefs either. 

Fans in Philly are also the worst. 

I'm working on Super Bowl Sunday and won't have much incentive to try and watch. 

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was a lose lose on who won. After the smack talk I'm glad to see the Bengals head to cancun with Eli Apple, but I don't really like the Chiefs either. 

Fans in Philly are also the worst. 

I'm working on Super Bowl Sunday and won't have much incentive to try and watch. 

When I lived in the Philly area, the fans came up, and I quote my friend, "Man, you throw batteries at Santa *once* and you can't live it down."

If you want reasons to root for the Eagles, those fans hate the Giants, Redskins Commanders, and Cowboys as much as Bills fans.

Edited by MattPie

23 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

not sure that was #58 on the bench, though i could be wrong.  Looked like his number ended in a 9?? hard to tell

Why would a backup linebacker be that broken up after the game?

Now, might the guy who took any chance of getting to OT away from his teammates be inconsolable?

11 hours ago, MattPie said:

When I lived in the Philly area, the fans came up, and I quote my friend, "Man, you throw batteries at Santa *once* and you can't live it down."

If you want reasons to root for the Eagles, those fans hate the Giants, Redskins Commanders, and Cowboys as much as Bills fans.

I don't like any of the teams that were left in the final 4.  With KC vs Philly, I guess I want Philly.  I don't watch them much, but I visited Philadelphia this summer for the first time in a couple decades and I liked the city more than I remembered in the past, so for no other reason, I guess Philly?

I know it’s not exactly true but I feel like the Bills roster does not match up with KC or Cincy

QB - at best a push

RB - Mixon & Pacheco better 

WR - Chase & Higgins are better than anyone on any of these rosters.  Diggs is good but not as good as either of Cincys WR.  KC has a much better WR group from top to bottom, they just don’t have that one guy.  

TE- It’s Kelce and then everyone else.  Hurst is at minimum as good as Knox.  

OL - Not easy to evaluate especially with all the injuries but Buffalo isn’t ahead of either of these teams when all healthy

DL - Chris Jones is the DPOY.  All the first round picks invested, the Bills had to get Von to be a difference maker.  They unfortunately still need him.  The Bengals DL may be just a notch below KC.

LB - Milano is an all pro and Edmunds is good but this team gets run on, often.

Secondary - lots of questions with the health of the safeties. The Bills clearly struggled because of it. I like what I saw out of all the young DBs minus Dane Jackson.  He reminds me of Leodis. Always in position, never making a play on the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't like any of the teams that were left in the final 4.  With KC vs Philly, I guess I want Philly.  I don't watch them much, but I visited Philadelphia this summer for the first time in a couple decades and I liked the city more than I remembered in the past, so for no other reason, I guess Philly?

There are lots of things I miss about Philly. I moved mostly because I wasn't tied to anywhere in the US for work, and living in one of the most expensive counties in the country (PA Chester Co) and the post-industrial pollution there wasn't attractive. There are lots of places there that 150 years ago was a tannery or steel mill or something and they go build houses. It's not Love Canal, but ick.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sir. Sir!

I love me some Stefon Diggs. I’m not certain he’s better than Tee Higgins.  One thing I do know, he’s not even in the same universe as Chase or Justin Jefferson.  Obviously, those guys are in everyone’s top 5.  Is Diggs?  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I love me some Stefon Diggs. I’m not certain he’s better than Tee Higgins.  One thing I do know, he’s not even in the same universe as Chase or Justin Jefferson.  Obviously, those guys are in everyone’s top 5.  Is Diggs?  

Justin Jefferson stands alone at #1, but Diggs had more yards and more TDs than either Higgins or Chase, so what are you smoking?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I'll handle this, @That Aud Smell.  Diggs > Higgins.  This cannot be seriously debated.  No.  No, and I mean it.  Don't try.  Stop.  

Also Mahomes and Allen are basically equal and both are better than Burrow.  The rest of the inky analysis I agree with.

29 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Diggs had more yards and more TDs than either Higgins or Chase, so what are you smoking?

The numbers aren’t totally apt, as Chase  competes for looks with 2 other legit NFL WR’s. Plus there were injuries for Chase this season?

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The numbers aren’t totally apt, as Chase  competes for looks with 2 other legit NFL WR’s. Plus there were injuries for Chase this season?

The flip side of that is, the Bills only have 1 true receiving threat, so Diggs gets doubled basically every play he's on the field.

But, take away Chase, & you have to deal w/ Higgins, take him away & Boyd runs roughshod over single coverage.  Yes, Cincy has more weapons to look towards, but that also means Chase can't be completely blanketed.  He's still the 1st look from Joe Rodent Home.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Bengals got jobbed. Some of the holds KCs oline had were egregious. Of course Mahomes looks like a hero when they aren’t penalized like any other team would. 

And Cincy was called for 2 penalties the entire game the week before.  They got away w/ stuff there.  The refs are a factor, always are, but aren't the difference.  As long as they're letting the same stuff go both ways, not much to complain about.  And, though didn't watch last night's game closely, am fairly confident that Cincy got away w/ holds too based on the previous week's game.

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Bengals got jobbed. Some of the holds KCs oline had were egregious. Of course Mahomes looks like a hero when they aren’t penalized like any other team would. 

Cincy had all that coming. ***** Joe Mixon and ***** Eli Apple.  Glad they lost. Hope all their financial investments go bad and their kids hate them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The Bills have to get another legit WR this summer, probably in the first round of the draft.

i read that the consensus is that this is a weak year for WR's. so they may have to wait and take a shot at someone on day 2.

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

Cincy had all that coming. ***** Joe Mixon and ***** Eli Apple.  Glad they lost. Hope all their financial investments go bad and their kids hate them. 

I never make up my mind where my rooting interest lies until I am watching the game. And I definitely found myself favouring KC. I reckon I don't much like that Cincy team.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I never make up my mind where my rooting interest lies until I am watching the game. And I definitely found myself favouring KC. I reckon I don't much like that Cincy team.

Ok, if we look hard enough, we can find a reason to dislike any fanbase or team.

Cincy however, with helping the Bills into the playoffs to break the streak a few years ago,  with it being a similar Rust-Belt small city like Buffalo, with how the community reacted with the Hamlin situation last month...they had EVERY REASON for people to like them and root for them. All they needed to do is not have any players act like arrogant, loud mouth jerks more than you get on any other team.  Well....Cincy players are going to be Cincy players.....

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

So you’re out on Gabe for sure?

I'm out on Davis as the #2 for sure.  Happy to keep him as the #4 (assuming Diggs at #1, another "boundary" wideout at #2 and Shakir in the slot at #3, with Davis playing in 4-wide sets).  But Diggs needs a big monster with speed to play opposite him on every play, and that guy needs to be much better than Davis.  Davis had the opportunity to be that guy this year and didn't come close to delivering IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I'm out on Davis as the #2 for sure.  Happy to keep him as the #4 (assuming Diggs at #1, another "boundary" wideout at #2 and Shakir in the slot at #3, with Davis playing in 4-wide sets).  But Diggs needs a big monster with speed to play opposite him on every play, and that guy needs to be much better than Davis.  Davis had the opportunity to be that guy this year and didn't come close to delivering IMHO.

That's pretty much it.  Davis is NOT to Diggs as Lofton was to Reed.  That guy might be on the roster, might not, and the Bills might not have the chance to draft him, because other positions (O line) are more troubling.