Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

The Sabres have already helped me accept or almost forget just how disastrous the Bills played against the Bengals.  Won't think about football again until the draft.  Unless there are serious changes made, my hopes for next year's team will be nowhere near what they were when the Bills destroyed the Rams at the season opener.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/4131664/2023/01/27/bills-2022-grades-offseason/

Bills final grades.  Want to know why the Bills struggled? This article shows that of the 35 Bills that had full season grades, 5 of the bottom were O linemen.  Shocking!

I don't subscribe to The Athletic, but I doubt that the article *shows* anything.  My bet is that it's an opinion piece, perhaps a well-informed one, but opinion nevertheless.

• Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't think the o line was garbage?

Whether I think the O Line was garbage (I think it was subpar for sure) has nothing to do with whether an opinion piece can SHOW that it was garbage.

A food writer can tell me her opinion as to whether the soup is too salty.  A chemical analysis or the recipe that was followed can SHOW whether it is.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Whether I think the O Line was garbage (I think it was subpar for sure) has nothing to do with whether an opinion piece can SHOW that it was garbage.

A food writer can tell me her opinion as to whether the soup is too salty.  A chemical analysis or the recipe that was followed can SHOW whether it is.

Considering that the writer in question grades the team each week, has a cumulative grade for the season and those grades for the OLine “show” “illustrate” or whatever term you’d like to use that our OLine sucked and that matches the eye test.  I think it’s reasonable to conclude that the OLine sucked.

May I kindly suggest getting a subscription.  It really is worth it.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Beane seemed like a genius up until now. Maybe because it was so bad for 20 years. Now we see the drafting has been bad the past few years. Not properly addressing the O line and getting another elite WR when we had the chance dooms this team for now, good but not great. It’s undeniable we are light years behind Cincy. Now in cap hell there is little we can do but accept, without a miracle, this teams high water mark has passed. 

46 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Beane seemed like a genius up until now. Maybe because it was so bad for 20 years. Now we see the drafting has been bad the past few years. Not properly addressing the O line and getting another elite WR when we had the chance dooms this team for now, good but not great. It’s undeniable we are light years behind Cincy. Now in cap hell there is little we can do but accept, without a miracle, this teams high water mark has passed. 

Wow.  KC has been in cap hell for a few years and seems to going just fine.  We can retool.  Hard decisions will be made like letting Edmunds walk possibly and they’ll address the Oline with the draft and free agency.  Maybe this team got their awful luck behind them.  I suspect they’ll be just a good next year.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

Again, the Bills are top 3 AFC and top 5 NFL.

All teams have issues, except maybe the Bengals right now, but they lost the big game last year.  They have some injuries and don't seem to have much of a running game.

Anyway, the Bills issus are not as serious as some here think.  They are not in cap trouble really.  It can be managed.  JA did them a big favour as Mahomes did in KC and Burrow will do.  

They need to be smart and play every move right.  Just like every other top team has to in order to stay there.  They will be in contention for the duration of JA's tenure with the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wow.  KC has been in cap hell for a few years and seems to going just fine.  We can retool.  Hard decisions will be made like letting Edmunds walk possibly and they’ll address the Oline with the draft and free agency.  Maybe this team got their awful luck behind them.  I suspect they’ll be just a good next year.  

AR is miles ahead of anyone in our building as far as offensive philosophy. Same with Cincy. McDermott has had 6 years and still has not build an o line/run game. 

20 hours ago, Eleven said:

In 2023 America you are tilting at peppermills (which have microchips), my friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Sabres have been the more entertaining/less frustrating franchise for 2 months or so. 

People have been texting me for weeks complaining about football and I have been responding with all things hockey. 

Feels good to be all in on hockey again. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/28/2023 at 1:26 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Considering that the writer in question grades the team each week, has a cumulative grade for the season and those grades for the OLine “show” “illustrate” or whatever term you’d like to use that our OLine sucked and that matches the eye test.  I think it’s reasonable to conclude that the OLine sucked.

May I kindly suggest getting a subscription.  It really is worth it.

Each individual O lineman is graded out each week by the coaching staff. There is absolutely no question they were outplayed. But I would bet money that the grades issued by the staff with the full context of the play calls and the individual responsibilities of every player on offense, including RBs, TEs, and WRs, differs from that of anyone in the media, perhaps greatly. 

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I wonder if Philadelphia is the favourite in the SB regardless of who wins the other game 

Most impressive..

Interesting. These 2 teams have a great D. The AFC teams have great QB's. Do we harken back to the old cliche D wins championships or is it all about the superior QB play in this day and age ? 

Edited by Night Train
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Interesting. These 2 teams have a great D. The AFC teams have great QB's. Do we harken back to the old cliche D wins championships or is it all about the superior QB play in this day and age ? 

Great question.  Philly looks like they have enough offense to win the SB.  They are a complete team.  SF is all defense.  

The AFC has 3 strong teams with great QBs.  I rank them Cinci, KC, and Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Night Train said:

I just hope the last two games are more entertaining than this one 

Chiefs working that Bengals O-line right now. If the Bengals can’t get that sorted out soon Burrow could be in for a long day, and the Chiefs may have 2 weeks to heal up before Mahomes gets another shot at title #2

Edited by Thorny