Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

How many teams have been in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years?

In the AFC, pretty sure it's just KC, the Cheats, & the Bills.

Don't pay that much attention to the NFC, but it's likely just the 9ers & the Pack.

Can a team be in a club that exclusive and NOT be "one of the best run?"

Maybe the Ravens OR Stealers are thetr too?

Settling.

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

Winning Championships you know, the way you measure success Greatness in sports.

Yes, they've made mistakes and they need to get better.

That's not the same as they are terrible and the need to be fired.

Fixed the first sentence for you. This team and fans talk about winning a Super Bowl all year because we should be in that conversation.  End of the year, we're fine with falling short again, and the GM and coach are moving the goalposts and shifting blame to save their own *****.

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

We aren't going to see eye to eye on this, which is perfectly fine, so this is likely the last thing said to you about it.  

Do you HONESTLY think Smart would've thrown his QB under the bus if OSU had made the field goal?  Not a chance IMHO.

McDermott was critical of his team in game vs Cincy, but not so much afterwards.  Why?  Because leaders don't blame people under them publicly for losses especially not in the heat of the moment.

Leaders also take responsibility, make tough decisions, and don't do whatever McBeane were doing in their press conferences.  

19 hours ago, Eleven said:

You're not getting it, my man, and you know that I'm on your side.  But things, even feelings, aren't static.

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I've stated my feelings. You don't have to agree. Hopefully this upcoming season is better. 

Guess that makes 2 of us. 

My sense is that you're mostly talking past each other. 

For my part, my experience with and connection to the Bills underwent a seismic shift when I resolved - really resolved - that my fandom, and all it entails, was not predicated on them winning a Super Bowl. I think there are many (most?) fellow fans that would hear or read that and be like "dude - wtf? why bother then?" or, quite likely, say, type, or think things harsher than that ("that's fookin' loser talk!").

The New England playoff game last season helped me see my way forward. It was in my head amidst the bedlam and euphoria and near-zero temperatures: "This is it. This. Is. It. This is everything I need." And I later concluded that, to insist otherwise (to myself), was to needlessly buy into a false paradigm ("Super Bowl or bust!"). I just got off that train of thought.

I still want them to win a Super Bowl. Very much so. But, once we completed the 20-minute walk from our seats to the car this past Sunday, I was pretty much done with complaining. We didn't play the post-game show (obvi). And by the time we passed the exit for the 400, headed east (north) on 90, we were howling over jokes about all the people who were henceforth banned from attending Bills games (started with the anthem singer, moved on to Kyle Brandt (?), and went on from there (and showed no mercy - lol)).

The Bills will or will not win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. And I will essentially have no influence on whether or not that happens (save perhaps for being a loud fan at home games (that's not nothing, but it almost is)). How I choose to carry forward with those truths and uncertainties is entirely up to me.

Go, Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Btw - firing the safeties coach seems like such a random sacrificial lamb move. The unit under-performed, I guess? No surprise given that Hyde was out for the year, basically, and Poyer played most of the year super banged up.

Maybe there is a disagreement going forward. He is the safety coach, and his opinion may differ greatlly from Beane or McDermott. One side may want the veteran pair back there and is pounding the table for both Poyer and Hyde to be the starters next year. The other side is OK with youth/change/more athleticism coming in and thinks that in the long run the secondary can be just as good that way (if not better) for less money.   It might just be a difference of opinion that means that it is 'time' for a change to bring in someone who is more aligned with the teams thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Btw - firing the safeties coach seems like such a random sacrificial lamb move. The unit under-performed, I guess? No surprise given that Hyde was out for the year, basically, and Poyer played most of the year super banged up.

Seems super random.  Where is the logistics coach? I’m losing faith in One Bills Drive.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

TIL they have safety coaches now. What's next, individual portions of tapioca pudding?

I mean it makes sense. Presumably most teams have coaches for each major role on the team. I assume there are approximately 23 position coaches on an average team. 🙂

Not unlike the NHL, where you have a D guy, an F guy, and a G guy along with the head coach.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So he's the fall guy?  Poyer plays hurt all season.  Hyde is lost for the season.  Hamlin gets hurt before the playoffs. Beane gives him re-tread Marlowe as depth who then also gets hurt, and this guy is to blame for the problems in the secondary?

Could be fall guy, could be he doesn't see eye to eye w/ the path moving forward.  Disappointed that his immediate boss isn't joining him.