Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That decision by the lions to go deep on 3rd and 1 was among the worst coaching decisions I’ve seen 

Even just look at the rest of the NFL. Dunno if any team is truly scary outside the Chiefs. Teams look great one week and awful the next. 

Bills will have as good a shot as anyone and a better shot than most if they get in reasonably healthy 

Even KC, they’ve had two blowouts, Arizona and SF. The rest of the games; 6 one score and 2 ten point victories.

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

Even KC, they’ve had two blowouts, Arizona and SF. The rest of the games; 6 one score and 2 ten point victories.

True. To me Mahomes still looks like The Guy though. Easy to default to the  QB come playoff time 

Im not dunce enough to count out the bucs, for this same reason. If they get in, and they will cause their div sucks, that’s a tough out. 

Give me the bills, chiefs and bucs and I’ll relinquish the field 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The bucs? Really

I don’t THINK the they’ll win the NFC but picking between the rest of the nfc teams is a crap shoot, who do you pick? Dallas? I’m not sold on philly at all. Minnesota? Lol. I’ll sooner take my chances on Tom. The “it” factor Tom brings in the playoffs is indisputably real at this point obviously, when your entire team believes it will win, that sort of confidence matters in final-possession type games and the games are so often that. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

We can tell who doesn't pay attention to football lol 

Leading their division! I’d have zero issue at all picking Tampa in any playoff game head - to - head vs the unproven NFC masses. 

Yes. Mike freaking McCarthy is gonna out duel TB12 in a playoff game. I’m a packer fan - I know this is a statistical impossibility. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I’m the same. In the moment emotions can run high until you take a step back and look at the big picture.

It’s so enlightening to tell everyone a team with glaring weaknesses and issues going on mid season should just be enjoyed because they are two games away from last place in their division. Christ. Fan loser attitudes are just as bad as team loser attitudes.  There’s always room for improvement. People try to find the problems and fix them and hope to see improvement week after week. This team has regressed ever since their regular season Super Bowl and we want them to improve so we can win it all. 

• Eyeroll 1

This Bills season isn't that fun for me, but I expected that coming in.  Going into the season, it was 'superbowl or bust', best betting odds to win the SB, more experts picked them as the favorite than any other team.  It is the curse of high expectations.  ANY loss is a disaster to many people, a close, 'non-blowout' win is taken but there is more talk about what is wrong with the team after thos games...and the blowout wins are just expected, they are great to watch, but not much else.

Yeah I know they are a good team and most good teams play in more close games than blowouts.  But I am a casual fan, my 'fandom' is not just watching the game, but listening to talk radio, reading forum, watching the reaction 'my team' gets....the the reaction after anything other than a blowout win is just 'ehh' for me.  WAY too many people have high expectations and are feeling and showing too much stress each game for me.

Edited by mjd1001

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

It’s so enlightening to tell everyone a team with glaring weaknesses and issues going on mid season should just be enjoyed because they are two games away from last place in their division. Christ. Fan loser attitudes are just as bad as team loser attitudes.  There’s always room for improvement. People try to find the problems and fix them and hope to see improvement week after week. This team has regressed ever since their regular season Super Bowl and we want them to improve so we can win it all. 

Thanks for setting me straight. I apologize for my ignorance and promise to try harder.

• Haha (+1) 3

Great win by the Bills today.  Tough game against an emerging team.  With all that happened in the past weeks, all the sickness, missed practices, distractions, and all the injuries the Bills came through.  They just played two road games in 5 days and won both.  

Some of the fans on TSW are completely unrealistic and off the rails.  

The Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL.  Top 4 when reasonably healthy, for sure.  That does not mean they will win the SB but they are going to be around knocking on the door for as long as we can keep Allen healthy and supported.  

It takes a ton of hard work and a little luck.  Good health, some gritty wins, and a few fortunate plays that have to go your way.   Today they got enough of them.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I sure hope Von Miller isn’t out for a year.  

White, Hyde, and Edmunds out, Poyer and Milano in and out of the lineup with additional injuries to two young DL, it's amazing the D has been as good as it has been in general.  Losing Miller could be a crippling blow.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I sure hope Von Miller isn’t out for a year.  

They won't know for sure until after the MRI, but right now the early indications are a "sprain."  Which would mean some missed games but not season ending.

There are also indications that Hyde has a remote possibility to be back before the season ends too.  (Doubt it, but would be really sweet & could get them back into the driver's seat.)

The injuries are at the point of being devastating.  I personally dislike the whole casual "next man up/no excuses" mantra.  There are 4-5 guys you cannot lose or it drastically effects the team (QB, LT, WR1, DE1, CB1).  The Chiefs without Mahomes are not winning the super bowl for instance.  Or losing Tre may have cost us the KC game. Injuries matter.  Losing your game changing pass rusher and pro bowl level safety has massive implications especially playoff time. Hopefully a healthy groot can step up.  Going to be tough.

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The injuries are at the point of being devastating.  I personally dislike the whole casual "next man up/no excuses" mantra.  There are 4-5 guys you cannot lose or it drastically effects the team (QB, LT, WR1, DE1, CB1).  The Chiefs without Mahomes are not winning the super bowl for instance.  Or losing Tre may have cost us the KC game. Injuries matter.  Losing your game changing pass rusher and pro bowl level safety has massive implications especially playoff time. Hopefully a healthy groot can step up.  Going to be tough.

Well, of  course they're going to say next man up. What else do they say? This is devastating?

Remember when a battered team driving 90 yards late in the final quarter for the go-ahead TD, holding the opposition to a game-tying 51-yard field goal, then marching 48 yards downfield in less than 25 seconds to win the game was something to celebrate?

People’s choices are strange to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Remember when a battered team driving 90 yards late in the final quarter for the go-ahead TD, holding the opposition to a game-tying 51-yard field goal, then marching 48 yards downfield in less than 25 seconds to win the game was something to celebrate?

It’s celebrated but we know this cannot be sustained with players getting injured every game 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

23 seconds