Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

I’m not a fan of Leslie Frazier. I don’t understand why he refuses to bring in a 3rd linebacker against running teams.  GB had 200 yards rushing.  That’s unacceptable.  Had we been playing a real team that might have cost us the win.  

I understand his scheme and against passing first teams it works great, but against running teams he needs to adjust and doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

GB had 200 yards rushing.  That’s unacceptable.  Had we been playing a real team that might have cost us the win.  

But he wasn't playing a real team, he was playing the eviscerated Packers.  I have no problem with allowing 200 yards rushing if you're up by 2-3 scores.  You simply can't spot the Bills 14 points and then beat them by running the ball (and the clock).

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I understand his scheme and against passing first teams it works great, but against running teams he needs to adjust and doesn’t.

They slammed the door on Tennessee and Derrick Henry.  He adjusted just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not a fan of Leslie Frazier. I don’t understand why he refuses to bring in a 3rd linebacker against running teams.  GB had 200 yards rushing.  That’s unacceptable.  Had we been playing a real team that might have cost us the win.  

I don’t get the concern with Green Bay’s running numbers. On or around that GB drive where they made it 27-17 (might have been the one where they got stopped on 4th and 1), my son turned to me (we attended) and said “they’re basically running the clock out on themselves.” 

The corners - especially Taron - need to be stout tacklers in this scheme. @Doohickiemakes a valid point. There was a colour commentator for an away game (Rams? Collinsworth?) who made an ominous observation about how the opponent was running at Taron’s side. And it seemed to be an issue. Until it wasn’t.

Had Allen taken better care of the ball last night, the game wouldn’t have been as close as it seemed.

You have to pick your poison in this league. The Bills make a defensible choice in term of which poison they pick. 

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

To the Smell-let's comment, I was pretty shocked at the GB coach's defeatist attitude before the second half. Then his team did in effect look like it wasn't even trying all that hard to come back in the game. Pretty remarkable. I can't imagine a league that prides itself on parity was too happy to see such a thing in its marquee game of the week.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Agree 1