Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Baltimore not kicking the field goal blew up in their face.

They had to go for the TD.  Allen could easily have scored 7 on the winning drive.  A FG wouldn't have mattered and Harbaugh knew it just like everybody else watching.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

No doubt this will be the narrative Buffalo forces this week. You don't win championships being proud of a game like that. 

I don’t think any of the knowledgeable fans thought that was ever a thing.  Or are you referring to what the national pundits will be saying about the Bills? 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No doubt this will be the narrative Buffalo forces this week. You don't win championships being proud of a game like that. 

But it is a game that championship teams win: played like garbage, a two column injury list, Gabe Davis with a bad pin,

and they still found a way to win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They can be proud of the fact they beat a top 4 team in the AFC, on the road, when trailing by 17 in the first half.  Ugly, and undeserved, but a comeback victory nonetheless.  That is something you can build on.

The Bills were on the receiving end of two huge calls by the officials to help them secure a victory.  A phantom Roughing the passer penalty in the 4th and a no-call on PI to end first half.  Amazing how these type calls go to good teams. They are appropriately 3-1. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

You have written Cook off already. 😳

Coaches give him one touch per game then bench him after he drops the ball. Blame them lol

11 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

They can be proud of the fact they beat a top 4 team in the AFC, on the road, when trailing by 17 in the first half.  Ugly, and undeserved, but a comeback victory nonetheless.  That is something you can build on.

The Bills were on the receiving end of two huge calls by the officials to help them secure a victory.  A phantom Roughing the passer penalty in the 4th and a no-call on PI to end first half.  Amazing how these type calls go to good teams. They are appropriately 3-1. 

You had rushers getting spun in circles and no holds being called on each of the Ravens touchdowns. It was poor reffing all around. 

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

And the Ravens had a few calls go their way too.  That'll happen when Jerome Bulger's crew is on point.

But disagree about the Roughing the QB call - it was the right call.  The guy basically stopped as Allen was throwing the ball, then decided to continue & tackle him.  He knew the ball was gone and could easily have pulled up as he'd already started to do so.

• Like (+1) 2

I have two criteria for good teams.

1. Good teams can win even if they don't play well.

2. Good teams beat other good teams on the road.

This win was ugly and not something to brag about.  But winning games like this is what good teams do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

You have written Cook off already. 😳

Can’t write him off yet just four games into his pro career. But I will say that in every game so far, the moment appears too big for him. Perhaps he just needs to calm down a bit and let the game come to him more. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Seeing the Bills understand clock management for the first time since I can remember feels like when that edible finally kicks is with that warm rush over your body.  Gimme more. 

That warm rush is you peeing your pants.  Please go change.

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not getting heated over it.  You keep saying he was tested every day.  Other than the league's CMO, who was not at their facility, have not seen anybody else involved say that.  

2 questions, which though one has been asked repeatedly,  they never get answered, and no, you did not answer it in you're reply 1. why when they say he did not suffer a head injury in the game (& therefore suffered no concussion), did not list any head injury as an issue during the week (though they did list a back injury and an ankle injury), and stated repeatedly that he was not in the concussion protocol would they have been testing him daily to prove he didn't suffer an injury that they say he didn't sustain?  That makes no sense, unless he really did have a concussion.

And 2.  Who besides the league's CMO said he was tested daily?  They said he wasn't in the concussion protocol so there would've been no reason to test him.  (Again, presuming they aren't lying about no head injury, however ....)

To be honest, if I were in the Dolphins' place last week I'd be checking on Tua every day even if it wasn't listed as a head injury or concussion. Just like when I got sick recently I tested for COVID even though it was negative every time. The only question here is if there's something wrong with the test, Tua has a cheat code, or the Dolphins truly just ignored what they saw.

I'll take that win.

The D got it together and played really well from midway through the second quarter. 

Joshy did what he had to do and just enough of it to get the win.

The whole team looked a little sluggish early but I like the way they bounced back. 

Shout out to the rookie, Khalil Shakir, for some timely plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MattPie said:

To be honest, if I were in the Dolphins' place last week I'd be checking on Tua every day even if it wasn't listed as a head injury or concussion. Just like when I got sick recently I tested for COVID even though it was negative every time. The only question here is if there's something wrong with the test, Tua has a cheat code, or the Dolphins truly just ignored what they saw.

Tua needs the year off.Or he is gonna start getting knocked out by minor taps on the head.

19 minutes ago, MattPie said:

This isn't about what they should've been doing.  It's clear what they should've been doing.  This is about what they were doing & what they were saying.  If they're concerned about his head, they need to be reporting it.  The league requires teams to report ALL injuries that might affect playing status.  They didn't.  They actually went to great lengths to say he didn't have a head injury.  Pretty much every day they were saying he did not have a head injury and that there were no concussion protocols for him to be in because he didn't have a head injury.  They said he had a back injury & an ankle injury.

Fair enough, you tested for covid when you had some flu-like symptoms.  That makes sense.  Do you also routinely test for covid when you feel well and don't believe you've been exposed to covid?  That wouldn't make sense.  But is what people that are claiming the Fish were testing him daily were doing.  That they didn't suspect a head injury, but tested him for one anyhow.  

The Fish were ADAMANT that he did not suffer a head injury against the Bills.  Per them, he had a back injury and an ankle injury.  Is it common for them to test people with ankle injuries for a concussion?  

If they were concerned about a head injury but told the world there was no head injury, well then they were lying about the lack of a head injury.  And, lying about the head injury was ridiculously reckless and was a major contributor to his 2nd concussion.