Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

A couple random thoughts during Fish Fry week.

Lost in all the over-the-top ball-washing of the Miami Dolphins is the fact that in the seven quarters prior to the Ravens defense going inexplicably brain dead during the 4th quarter on Sunday the Fins offense had scored four total touchdowns.

Before the season started there was much trepidation about Dorsey being a first-time play caller. The ability to make adjustments in-game, particularly at halftime, is a critical aspect of the job. 10 points in the first half against the Rams, 21 points after. 17 points against the Titans in the first half, 24 after. Granted one of the TD's Monday was from the defense, but the points came in one quarter prior to the starters being pulled. The Bills offense has scored 38 post-halftime points in 3 quarters of football. Dorsey's done a really nice job so far.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Lost in all the over-the-top ball-washing of the Miami Dolphins is the fact that in the seven quarters prior to the Ravens defense going inexplicably brain dead during the 4th quarter on Sunday the Fins offense had scored four total touchdowns.

Before the season started there was much trepidation about Dorsey being a first-time play caller. The ability to make adjustments in-game, particularly at halftime, is a critical aspect of the job. 10 points in the first half against the Rams, 21 points after. 17 points against the Titans in the first half, 24 after. Granted one of the TD's Monday was from the defense, but the points came in one quarter prior to the starters being pulled. The Bills offense has scored 38 post-halftime points in 3 quarters of football. Dorsey's done a really nice job so far.

Not only that, the D has pitched a shutout in the 2nd 1/2 of both games.  (Actually, they're outscoring the opposition 7-0 in the 2nd 1/2 so far.  Fun.  😉 )

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not only that, the D has pitched a shutout in the 2nd 1/2 of both games.  (Actually, they're outscoring the opposition 7-0 in the 2nd 1/2 so far.  Fun.  😉 )

For years our inability to adjust at halftime has driven me absolutely nuts. Love that this, seemingly, has flipped somehow.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not only that but Miami's defense gives up the most yards per play in the entire league right now. At least that is what Sal said on wgr just a bit ago.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not only that but Miami's defense gives up the most yards per play in the entire league right now. At least that is what Sal said on wgr just a bit ago.

That's why I believe Miami will need to put up 35 points or more on Sunday to have any shot at winning. And I don't see that happening regardless of how banged up the Bills are presently.

To coin the old Valvano/NCState phrase, the Bills are in 'survive and advance' mode through a tough upcoming stretch of games and all the injuries. Just find a way to win each week until everyone is (relatively) healthy again. Then I can see them being on a major heater over the final two months heading into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JustOneParade said:

That's why I believe Miami will need to put up 35 points or more on Sunday to have any shot at winning. And I don't see that happening regardless of how banged up the Bills are presently.

To coin the old Valvano/NCState phrase, the Bills are in 'survive and advance' mode through a tough upcoming stretch of games and all the injuries. Just find a way to win each week until everyone is (relatively) healthy again. Then I can see them being on a major heater over the final two months heading into the playoffs. 

The Bills can still beat the brakes off teams even with injuries because we have Allen who is basically a human cheat code at QB.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We have been relatively lucky with injuries for years.  It is the one thing I worried could derail the season.  Not good that week 3 we already are decimated.  Hyde situation sounds scary. 

Yeah doesn't sound good at all.   Hope for the best for him but this next game seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We have been relatively lucky with injuries for years.  It is the one thing I worried could derail the season.  Not good that week 3 we already are decimated.  Hyde situation sounds scary. 

We are far from decimated and honestly as long as Allen doesnt go down and Davis&Diggs and Poyer&Hyde don't all go down at the same time we should be favored in every game. We have the best depth in the NFL and we've had the best defense in the league all while missing, at very least, our best player on defense. 

I wore my Allen jersey on the way out to Denver because it was game night and I really need to wear it on game nights.

Between the cap and the jersey, people have been stopping me to drool over our team.

Dude at the liquor store had to stop me to show me the Billieve Beer they had just gotten.

The valet was literally patting me in the back, thanking me for the pleasure of watching Allen play. (I told him that I only had a minor role in all)

The bartender tonight says he can’t miss a Bills’ game because they are so fun to watch.

Everyone loves us.

• Like (+1) 6

I wore my Bills gear on the flight home today because I was down to my last clean pair of everything and this was my warmest option.

And I’m proud to wear it too.

I was approached by a Denver International cop while eating breakfast. Just stood there over me for a second then gave a big smile and said “Go Bills”.

Turns out he grew up in Kendall and flew out for Monday’s game. Super nice to hear his tales from the game!

Then Steelers fan at the next table needed to tell me how he never misses a Bills’ game. “They’re so much more fun to watch.”

Everywhere in three airports today, “Go Bills!”

The girl on the train at DEN.

The dude leaning on the wall at JFK. “Hey Bills!” I look over. “You guys are going to be hard to beat!” (You just know that he’s a Jets fan)

The lady at the bar who is from California but lives in Rochester who is falling out of love with the 49ers because Bills. It’s a fun catch phrase when it’s positive.

The TSA guy with the fist bump.

“Go Bills!”

The mafia is everywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

Fearless prediction: The Bills' magic number number tomorrow is 4. If they take the ball back from the Fins 4 or more times combined via punt or turnover, they will win the game. Bonus prediction: By tomorrow night Josh will be making everyone else in the league chase him for the MVP award. 

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is from Micah Hyde’s Agent

Rough break, but Johnson has looked very good at safety & Hamlin has looked serviceable.  

Phillips & Oliver being out hurts, but we should see Jones back & if Settle is even close to full speed the line won't be hanging the rooks & the backup(s) out for long.  Expecting g Milano to bring his usual game.  If Edmunds can play the way he has been it still should be the Bills pulling away from them.  Just can't see the Fishies slowing down the O much less stopping it consistently.

Edited by Taro T