Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Sure, go with that. I know what outlier means.

Your post just reeked a little of, "I wasn't wrong, no, really, I wasn't. Josh is just a unicorn."

I'm guessing Jalen Ramsey only looks at stats as well.😀

Oh I get it. You don't like me and wanted to take a shot. Guessing this has to with Sabres draft takes because we all know I haven't been against Josh Allen for years which seems to be your weird implication here.  I mean, whatever makes your day.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh I get it. You don't like me and wanted to take a shot. Guessing this has to with Sabres draft takes because we all know I haven't been against Josh Allen for years which seems to be your weird implication here.  I mean, whatever makes your day.

I like you.

I'm just not sure if Josh is actually a unicorn (well, I know he's not, because Josh actually exists.)

I don't even know If he is an outlier, either, or if there were just others you would have picked before him because they were safer choices (cuz those always work out.)

From your definition -  "An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population." Were his stats abnormally bad or just on the wrong side of the mean?

And I do like you.

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It’s the one major fly on the ointment from what should be a glorious season opening win.

He’s going to get hurt running like that. And even in the absence of a major incident - which seems a good bet - the wear and tear are going to shorten his career. Dude needs to chill the funk out. *A little.*

HE’S *OUR* UNICORN!! 🦄 

And Brandon Beane is a M'F'n genius.  Even that '91 team wasn't this stacked.

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It’s the one major fly on the ointment from what should be a glorious season opening win.

He’s going to get hurt running like that. And even in the absence of a major incident - which seems a good bet - the wear and tear are going to shorten his career. Dude needs to chill the funk out. *A little.*

HE’S *OUR* UNICORN!! 🦄 

ON the ointment?

Josh Allen isn't a unicorn. He is a young kid who has a brain like a sponge and was willing to take advice and learn. Guys like Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen had such big egos, that they didn't think they needed to be coached. They figured they knew it all coming into the NFL. Some players are willing to be coached, most are not. So maybe because Josh Allen was willing to take all the coaching he could get, he is a unicorn. Otherwise, he is just an amazing athlete with an open mind. Everyone said you can't coach accuracy. Well, Josh has a done a 180 when it comes that. He is willing to do what it takes to become better each year. Most top picks aren't like that. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I was not looking forward to the rehash of the previous punter’s story on national television. 

And then the team doesn’t punt the whole game. Well that handles that!

I’m still in awe sometimes that this is my favorite team. 

Sam Martin did earn his pay last night, as placeholder for Tyler Bass. Not bad for 60 minutes worth of work.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Josh Allen isn't a unicorn. He is a young kid who has a brain like a sponge and was willing to take advice and learn. Guys like Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen had such big egos, that they didn't think they needed to be coached. They figured they knew it all coming into the NFL. Some players are willing to be coached, most are not. So maybe because Josh Allen was willing to take all the coaching he could get, he is a unicorn. Otherwise, he is just an amazing athlete with an open mind. Everyone said you can't coach accuracy. Well, Josh has a done a 180 when it comes that. He is willing to do what it takes to become better each year. Most top picks aren't like that. 

It’s much easier to be accurate when you have time to throw the ball and real players who can catch the football when it’s thrown to them.  That said Josh is a unicorn in so many ways.  He has the work ethic to learn and get better.  He also is a once in life time athlete at his position.  He is a tough as a linebacker, can run like a power tailback, can read a defense like Tom Brady, throw a football like Dan Fouts, lead a team like Joe Montana and is as competitive as Jim Kelly.  I watched a show on the NFL Network where they were discussing teams changing their schemes to be more like the Bills offense.  One of the panelists said it’s basically impossible because they don’t have a Josh Allen to run it.  

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

And Brandon Beane is a M'F'n genius.  Even that '91 team wasn't this stacked.

Terry Pegula made a number of hiring mistakes when he first took over the Bills. It wasn't until he hired McDermott and then Beane that this franchise took off. Once this regime was in place, he allowed them to do their jobs without much interference. Of course there was constant communication between the ownership and the staff. And that is how it should be because they pay the bills. The Bills are now a model franchise where other organizations repeatedly poach our staff. That's a sign of a successful and respected operation.

The same process of initial failures and turnover of staff happened with the hockey operation. It now appears that the owners have the right staff in place with the current HC and GM. As with the Bills you can see the blueprint for this franchise clearly laid out and being implemented. Most of us now are optimistic about the present and future. 

It is interesting to note that KA has frequently mentioned that he often talks to both Bean and McDermott to get their opinions on building a roster and organizaton. It seems that the Sabres, like the Bills, are now in sync from top to bottom in the organization. The Sabres are still far from having a complete roster like the Bills but everything is trending up. How can one not be optimistic?!

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Terry Pegula made a number of hiring mistakes when he first took over the Bills. It wasn't until he hired McDermott and then Beane that this franchise took off. Once this regime was in place, he allowed them to do their jobs without much interference. Of course there was constant communication between the ownership and the staff. And that is how it should be because they pay the bills. The Bills are now a model franchise where other organizations repeatedly poach our staff. That's a sign of a successful and respected operation.

The same process of initial failures and turnover of staff happened with the hockey operation. It now appears that the owners have the right staff in place with the current HC and GM. As with the Bills you can see the blueprint for this franchise clearly laid out and being implemented. Most of us now are optimistic about the present and future. 

It is interesting to note that KA has frequently mentioned that he often talks to both Bean and McDermott to get their opinions on building a roster and organizaton. It seems that the Sabres, like the Bills, are now in sync from top to bottom in the organization. The Sabres are still far from having a complete roster like the Bills but everything is trending up. How can one not be optimistic?!

I agree. One person I hope the Sabres keep and eventually move up is Peca. He is a guy that gets it and seems to have a good rapport with the young kids coming into the organization. I have a feeling that in a few years when this team starts doing damage that Peca will be behind the Sabres bench in some capacity.