Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

The improvement Allen has made from his rookie year is simply astounding. My biggest takeaway is how good he is with the deep ball now. That was a big issue early on for him, part accuracy part receivers most likely.

And wow Jordan Phillips looks like he could be just as impactful a pickup as Von. I hated to see him go and love that he is back. The spin move sack was tremendous for the big man.

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The improvement Allen has made from his rookie year is simply astounding. My biggest takeaway is how good he is with the deep ball now. That was a big issue early on for him, part accuracy part receivers most likely.

And wow Jordan Phillips looks like he could be just as impactful a pickup as Von. I hated to see him go and love that he is back. The spin move sack was tremendous for the big man.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/24/17271686/josh-allen-nfl-draft-2018-stats-analysis-comparisons

JoshAllen_MathItself.thumb.png.4d2342aa96a56401ddb4862285990c4d.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Really quickly. The lesson to take away from Josh Allen isn't that the stats don't matter, it is that personality/opportunity/setting also matters. For a hockey example we can talk about Noah Östlund right now. His stats show some potential for sure but when you dig into the POS (hehe) you start to understand he can be more. Tage Thompson is becoming an example, Tage shouldn't have made the jump he did at his age but you know what, he worked hard and did. Again it isn't "ignore the stats, they don't matter" but more of the stats are a part of a larger equation. Josh Allen is the ultimate outlier, Josh Allen should not be good but he is. As long as you remember that Allen is an outlier and not every QB with physical traits and bad stats can become him, you'll be good. 

Josh Allen is an outlier, not all inaccurate physically gifted college QBs will be outliers. Josh Allen is a unicorn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is going to be the year that Allen gets himself injured and/or killed.

It’s the one major fly on the ointment from what should be a glorious season opening win.

He’s going to get hurt running like that. And even in the absence of a major incident - which seems a good bet - the wear and tear are going to shorten his career. Dude needs to chill the funk out. *A little.*

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen is a unicorn. 

HE’S *OUR* UNICORN!! 🦄 

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Really quickly. The lesson to take away from Josh Allen isn't that the stats don't matter, it is that personality/opportunity/setting also matters. For a hockey example we can talk about Noah Östlund right now. His stats show some potential for sure but when you dig into the POS (hehe) you start to understand he can be more. Tage Thompson is becoming an example, Tage shouldn't have made the jump he did at his age but you know what, he worked hard and did. Again it isn't "ignore the stats, they don't matter" but more of the stats are a part of a larger equation. Josh Allen is the ultimate outlier, Josh Allen should not be good but he is. As long as you remember that Allen is an outlier and not every QB with physical traits and bad stats can become him, you'll be good. 

Josh Allen is an outlier, not all inaccurate physically gifted college QBs will be outliers. Josh Allen is a unicorn. 

Josh Allen is a unicorn. I love unicorns.

• Like (+1) 1

Statement game.  Statement win.  Prime time.  Super Bowl championship banner night.  A huge win on the road at the Super Bowl champions.  Rams coach said that they were not ready.  BULL *****!!  You had everything just handed to you.

The Bills are Prime Time.

This is probably the best Bills team ever.  Maybe not counting before the merger, which I really don't know much about.

It looks like only injuries and stupidity can stop them.

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is amazing. I heard a pet theory from an NFL insider - not a pundit, but like a former player of some kind - that Allen kept running the way he did because he wanted to run over Ramsey.

Rasmey called him trash a few years back I am pretty sure that Josh is like... 

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.pn

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Yes -- it seems like each year, he's made huge improvements in accuracy in a certain range -- i.e. he started out missing all of them, then the first improvement came on the shorter throws, then on the intermediate routes, and now it looks like he can throw it deep with reasonable accuracy.  The deep throws were an issue even last year, but that deep post to Davis last night in particular was a thing of beauty.

27 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

That JA stiff arm was a thing of beauty.

Oh yeah.  JA literally threw him to the ground.  And I think it was in a pretty big moment -- IIRC, it was on a 3rd down in the 3rd quarter, when the game was either tied or a 7-point game.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I love posts like this. The Statterati© will say anything to justify their faith in the numbers. It's what drives me crazy about them. Stats tell us exactly how often they are wrong, and when someone like Josh falls on the other side of their assuredness percentage, they have to use words like outlier and unicorn.

It is kinda comforting, though, to know that we still can't be 100% positive when actual humans are involved.

I also never thought Josh was as inaccurate as many here were grousing about his first couple of years. I just think his receivers are making more plays now (still waiting to see one of them win a 50/50 ball against a DB.) But I will admit that the pass to Gabe Davis down the middle would have been a touchdown if it was a better thrown ball.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

34 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I love posts like this. The Statterati© will say anything to justify their faith in the numbers. It's what drives me crazy about them. Stats tell us exactly how often they are wrong, and when someone like Josh falls on the other side of their assuredness percentage, they have to use words like outlier and unicorn.

It is kinda comforting, though, to know that we still can't be 100% positive when actual humans are involved.

I love posts like this. You either don't understand or more likely, don't care to understand. Either way it is just another person who doesn't like stats (doesn't understand their uses) taking shots because they found an outlier. 

Here is what outlier means, hopefully this helps you. "An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population."

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I love posts like this. You either don't understand or more likely, don't care to understand. Either way it is just another person who doesn't like stats (doesn't understand there uses) taking shots because they found an outlier. 

Here is what outlier means, hopefully this helps you. "An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population."

Sure, go with that. I know what outlier means.

Your post just reeked a little of, "I wasn't wrong, no, really, I wasn't. Josh is just a unicorn."

I'm guessing Jalen Ramsey only looks at stats as well.😀