Pick 'Em and Survivor Leagues

Taro T

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Now what?   Survivor League Part II?

Yes, later today I will reset the group and we'll do this again.  

@Andrew Amerk, you might want to screen shot your victory soon because i'm not sure if week 1 simply disappears after the league is reset.

Also, congratulations on the championship!  Great call.

I'm still alive in 1 other league that I made the last second change of picks but even in that 1 there are only 3 people left.

• 2 weeks later...

Only advice I've ever given to gamblers: in a survivor pool, NEVER look ahead. Simply make the best/most obvious pick each week, according to which teams are still available to you. The pool I belong to is already down to 4 players from an initial 26. It's difficult enough to survive a single week WITHOUT worrying about future matchups. 

FTR I'm considering the Bills this week. By week 5 in the NFL, NOTHING is a given. Gotta just ride the most convincing chalk.

I do hate the confident energy Pickett might bring to his team's stagnant offense (Pitt has lacked aggressive QB play for years). I hate any opponent's approach that might rely upon 50/50 balls down the field with our DBs singled up (Pickens and Claypool have jump-ball potential). I hate the way the Steelers controlled the LOS against us last season. 

That last point is probably the crux of it all: if the Bills can control the LOS, or at least be competitive...they should be fine. Last year in the opener the Bills o-line got owned all game (minus maybe one or two 2nd half drives where Daboll actually mixed up his play calling). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.