Annual expectations thread 2022/23: #22 Jack Quinn

dudacek

What do you expect from Jack Quinn?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best describes what you think the Sabres will get from Quinn this year?

• He won't make the team to start but will be called up by mid-season and stick around
    • He's a season-long Sabre contributor, but will have his ups and downs
    • He's going to be firmly in the conversation for rookie of the year

On 8/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Buffalonill said:

You're expecting him to have a better rookie season then Sam Reinhart? 

Everyone  Has very high expectations this season I see .

Im going to say 10-15 goals and maybe around 30 points 

One thing that should be noted is that scoring, I believe, has gone significantly up in even the intervening 8 years between 2014 and 2022

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya it’ll be interesting to see who his linemates are to see how much advantage he takes of the bold.

Remember Reinhart’s 3rd year when he was taken off O’Reilly’s wing to start the year and instead was asked to centre the 3rd line?

And Phil and Jason gave him Benoit Pouliot and Seth Griffith to play with?

What’s Jack’s worst-case scenario right now? 4th line minutes with Girgs and Hinostroza, or Peterka and Krebs?

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Remember Reinhart’s 3rd year when he was taken off O’Reilly’s wing to start the year and instead was asked to centre the 3rd line?

And Phil and Jason gave him Benoit Pouliot and Seth Griffith to play with?

What’s Jack’s worst-case scenario right now? 4th line minutes with Girgs and Hinostroza, or Peterka and Krebs?

Ya I think that was around the time I notably and foolishly more-less wrote him off because until Jan 1 he was producing like a non-NHLer.

Never again! 

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html 

Basically true.  Scoring spiked in 2017-18.

My sweet spot. 

Quinn slots in at #5 on the Athletic’s list of preseason Calder favourites.

https://theathletic.com/3546726/2022/09/08/nhl-calder-trophy-candidates-rankings/

Scott Wheeler says it’s a given he makes the team, what will make or break him in the Calder race is whether or not he can claim the last top 6 wing slot, after Tuch, Skinner and Olofsson.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Quinn slots in at #5 on the Athletic’s list of preseason Calder favourites.

https://theathletic.com/3546726/2022/09/08/nhl-calder-trophy-candidates-rankings/

Scott Wheeler says it’s a given he makes the team, what will make or break him in the Calder race is whether or not he can claim the last top 6 wing slot, after Tuch, Skinner and Olofsson.

Who are the other winger options he has to beat out? Really it is Mitts (if they move him to lw), Hinostroza, Bjork, and maybe Krebs? 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Who are the other winger options he has to beat out? Really it is Mitts (if they move him to lw), Hinostroza, Bjork, and maybe Krebs? 

For top offensive opportunities?

Okposo, Krebs, Mitts, Cozens and Peterka, I’d say.

At least one of those guys will be the 2C and another the 3C, but they all will be in the mix for PP time.

As far as the lineup goes, assuming health, I think he’s got to beat 3 of Peterka, Hinostroza, Krebs, Sheahan and Bjork to  be in the starting 12.

Edited by dudacek

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For top offensive opportunities?

Okposo, Krebs, Mitts, Cozens and Peterka, I’d say.

At least one of those guys will be the 2C and another the 3C, but they all will be in the mix for PP time.

As far as the lineup goes, assuming health, I think he’s got to beat 3 of Peterka, Hinostroza, Krebs, Sheahan and Bjork to  be in the starting 12.

For the top 6. 

He will be a mainstay on the 2nd pp unit in the Olofsson role so I am not worried there. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

For the top 6. 

He will be a mainstay on the 2nd pp unit in the Olofsson role so I am not worried there. 

I'm kinda expecting them to run 3 2nd lines this year.

It just seems like the best way to properly incorporate Quinn, Krebs and Peterka into the lineup.

• Skinner Thompson Peterka
  • Quinn Mitts Tuch
  • Krebs Cozens Olofsson

or something similar, maybe?

I think Quinn and Peterka are advanced enough to play with and against good players.

If enough young players take a step, our ability to push the pace over 4 lines could become a weapon.

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

I drove through Quinn’s hometown of Cobden yesterday. I expect him to make the team, have a significant impact (20g 25A) and get his hometown to put up a sign with his picture in a Sabres uniform.

Well you made me look up where Cobden, Ontario is located.  Just off Muskrat Lake which is another interesting name. 

I'm sure that I've driven through that way before but did not make an impression on me. 

Yes I agree, Cobden, Home of #22 Mighty Jack Quinn would be nice to see someday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.