Whats the crazy thing you would do for a Stanley cup?

Buffalonill

I'm not intentionally going against the spirit of this thread, but my answer is really 'nothing'.

Sure, the Cup for the Sabres is the ultimate goal, but it is the journey that is the best part for me.

Living in Boston in the late 1990's and early 2000's, I saw the angst Red Sox fans went through every year, saying they would do ANYTHING for the World Series, then when they finally won for the first time in nearly a Century, it was one week of partying, a month of jubilation, and then after that, not much else. Meaning acting the same way ANY fan base acts after they win a championship, whether it was the Royals, Rays, anyone.

So I don't mean to say it doesn't mean much as a fan, sure I would love it, just not enough where I would 'give up' much else to guarantee it.

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not intentionally going against the spirit of this thread, but my answer is really 'nothing'.

Sure, the Cup for the Sabres is the ultimate goal, but it is the journey that is the best part for me.

Living in Boston in the late 1990's and early 2000's, I saw the angst Red Sox fans went through every year, saying they would do ANYTHING for the World Series, then when they finally won for the first time in nearly a Century, it was one week of partying, a month of jubilation, and then after that, not much else. Meaning acting the same way ANY fan base acts after they win a championship, whether it was the Royals, Rays, anyone.

So I don't mean to say it doesn't mean much as a fan, sure I would love it, just not enough where I would 'give up' much else to guarantee it.

Going to the 04 Red Sox World Series parade was the best day of my life. 

I don’t know what I would do, but I would do something irrational to have something like that be in Buffalo.  

On 8/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, Buffalonill said:

Thought this would be funny and fun.

Thinking back to the videos after the Bills' drought ended, you have to figure a Cup win would be that amped up an order of magnitude.  That was really cool stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.