How come Andrew Peters was on the bench?

Barnabov

Has anyone seen a story explaining this or can they clarify the situation. Doesn't really matter but I'm curious as I read that he had to stay on IR for at least a week and there he was sitting on the bench although the NHL.com score sheet shows zero shifts/zero playing time???

Did it seem to anyone else that Ruff already juggled his 3rd & 4th lines? I thought Connolly was going to be 3rd line center with Kotalik & Afinogenov but Gaustad seemed to be out with them - not that I'm complaining, despite being -3, Gaustad played great I thought. So much for the article were I read that Ruff said he wasn't going to mess with his lines so much!

Has anyone seen a story explaining this or can they clarify the situation.  Doesn't really matter but I'm curious as I read that he had to stay on IR for at least a week and there he was sitting on the bench although the NHL.com score sheet shows zero shifts/zero playing time???

Did it seem to anyone else that Ruff already juggled his 3rd & 4th lines?  I thought Connolly was going to be 3rd line center with Kotalik & Afinogenov but Gaustad seemed to be out with them - not that I'm complaining, despite being -3, Gaustad played great I thought.  So much for the article were I read that Ruff said he wasn't going to mess with his lines so much!

No data on Peters.

They had Gaustad out with Afinogenov and Kotalik and also Pyatt and Kotalik a lot because Connolly and Afinogenov were playing on special teams and Pyatt, Kotalik, and Gaustad for the most part weren't.

I was impressed with Gaustad.

Dave.

No data on Peters.

They had Gaustad out with Afinogenov and Kotalik and also Pyatt and Kotalik a lot because Connolly and Afinogenov were playing on special teams and Pyatt, Kotalik, and Gaustad for the most part weren't.

I was impressed with Gaustad.

Dave.

I don't recall hearing Pyatt's name at all. I thought he was a scratch.

DirecTV customer :(

I don't recall hearing Pyatt's name at all. I thought he was a scratch.

DirecTV customer :(

Pyatt didn't play a lot as he didn't get any pp or sh time. But he did take a fairly regular shift during even strength. He had a few good checks and did seem to play with more intensity than in the past. Don't know if that was due to it being the home opener or being teamed with Gaustad or a combo.

As for DirecTV, as of 8:30PM tonight, no deal with MSG. Until deal is reached, no Sabres in WNY (on Sabres feed or other feed, so expect NESN feed to be blacked out tomorrow).

Pyatt didn't play a lot as he didn't get any pp or sh time. But he did take a fairly regular shift during even strength. He had a few good checks and did seem to play with more intensity than in the past. Don't know if that was due to it being the home opener or being teamed with Gaustad or a combo.

As for DirecTV, as of 8:30PM tonight, no deal with MSG. Until deal is reached, no Sabres in WNY (on Sabres feed or other feed, so expect NESN feed to be blacked out tomorrow).

The OLN game will be on? Right?

Crosby vs. Vanek?

Though I am down on what the Sabres didn't do this off season. I am surprised how Vanek has gotten 0 pub. It's like he doesn't exist.

The OLN game will be on? Right?

Crosby vs. Vanek?

Though I am down on what the Sabres didn't do this off season. I am surprised how Vanek has gotten 0 pub. It's like he doesn't exist.

OLN is national. They can't (?) screw us on that one. We WILL get to see that one.

I am giving serious consideration to switching back to TW. I recommend you do it as well. Even if you don't, call DirecTV and tell them you are going to switch. They WILL reduce your payments.

C v V - Not even close, the runner up to the Calder wears a Shatanic goathead on his chest. Unfortunately for the Pens, the winner plays for Washington. The lack of publicity does not surprise me. Remember, this is the 13th place team according to most prognosticators.

i keep telling everyone that vanek will beat out crosby... the guy looks like almost all hype... no one believes me... he'll be good but not the next gretzky... like come on!

EDIT: everyone i know in terms of non-sabres fans.

Archived