Sabres Sign Forward Riley Sheahan to a Two Way Deal; 950k

Brawndo

22 hours ago, Drag0nDan said:

Bit of an outdated statistic but he was a plus player on the Kraken of all teams.  Kills Penalties.  Immediately the best available player for d-zone draws.  

Not to mention - we had over 150 games played by Eakin/Bjork/Hayden because of injuries.  This guys better than all 3, and when injuries strike is a decent 4th line center option.  

It is amazing to me that even though he started in the d zone 72% of the time, he still managed a positive xgf. 

What's interesting about that +/- stat you mention is that only Carson Soucy topped it and basically only Soucy and Sheahan played a full season for Seattle and ended up with a + number. Of the top 20 skaters on that team in games played, they are the only positive guys with the loan exception being +1 Will Borgen with only 36 games played compared to 69 and 64 games. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, LGR4GM said:

It is amazing to me that even though he started in the d zone 72% of the time, he still managed a positive xgf. 

What's interesting about that +/- stat you mention is that only Carson Soucy topped it and basically only Soucy and Sheahan played a full season for Seattle and ended up with a + number. Of the top 20 skaters on that team in games played, they are the only positive guys with the loan exception being +1 Will Borgen with only 36 games played compared to 69 and 64 games. 

Talentwise, he is at best the 14th skater on this team.  But unless they decide they're going to force Asplund into the 4C role when it seems they see him as a 2 way winger, or they decide they're going to roll 4 offensive lines (including a line w/ Cozens-Okposo on it) rather than 3 w/ either a checking/ energy line, fully expect him to be the 11th or 12th F on opening night.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:26 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Errrr, uh, errrrm... you know, Kubalikahun. Kahun. My mistake, it was sunny and beery and I couldn't remember his name. Kahun was immediately in the top 6 and then we didn't even tender his RFA. 

That same 2019-2020 season, Sobotka and Vesey spent a lot of time on the 2nd line with Skinner-Johansson as well.

grace helbig no GIF by This Might Get

Edited by Doohickie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.