OT- What brokerage/advisor do you invest your retirement savings with?

irregularly irregular

I actually invent in whole life, a portion each month, it's pretax so I can't write it off, but by the age of 55 I'll have a decent amount that I can pull out. It's not overly risky, but keeps up with inflation and if I didn't invest then I would just spend the money anyways. Also when I croak I'm worth a decent chunk to leave behind, half to my parents and half to Uganda to expand my little hospital down there. 

I also use a SEP Ira that is pretax so at the end of the year, I can usually drop a tax bracket with a one time investment as a write off and still keep the money (although not until later) 

I've though of Dividend stock and some simple diversifying, but for now it's just too over my head as well. 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

I have my money in a number of different accounts. I have some in a taxable brokerage account, 529 plans, and my 401k. My taxable account was supposed to be my fun/play money and I invest in individual companies - mostly dividend payers. Oddly enough, this account is going to eclipse my 401k soon in amount. This is mostly a function of my past 401k mostly offering target funds and other poor investments. Same for my 529s. Target funds are scams. In fact, the vast majority of mutual funds will not be their indices. 

Luckily I have rolled over my entire 401k into a Fidelity brokerage account since I changed jobs recently. I’m going to be more conservative here and mostly go with a small handful of ETFs, with 70% being in QQQ. Of course, what you invest in depends on your risk tolerance, your investment timeline, and what you plan on using the money for. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.