Adidas will not be renewing jersey deal

steveoath

They'll find another maker pretty easily.  The true apparel wonks out there won't want to wear something with an old logo, so they'll start buying as soon as there's a new manufacturer.  That makes it attractive for the manufacturer.  Will the league get a windfall like it did with Adidas in today's economy?  Probably not. It might do well to wait a year to find another manufacturer. 

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They'll find another maker pretty easily.  The true apparel wonks out there won't want to wear something with an old logo, so they'll start buying as soon as there's a new manufacturer.  That makes it attractive for the manufacturer.  Will the league get a windfall like it did with Adidas in today's economy?  Probably not. It might do well to wait a year to find another manufacturer. 

Would the players be able to wear Adidas kits after the deal expires?

Bet it will end up being a deal with Nike.

30 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Would the players be able to wear Adidas kits after the deal expires?

Do you mean in private life?  I have no idea--that will depend upon the CBA, I suppose?

On the ice, they will wear whatever manufacturer makes a deal with the NHL, unless the league goes to team-specific deals (I know the NFL had this for a while, a ways back; the Bills wore Puma but some other team wore something else).

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Do you mean in private life?  I have no idea--that will depend upon the CBA, I suppose?

On the ice, they will wear whatever manufacturer makes a deal with the NHL, unless the league goes to team-specific deals (I know the NFL had this for a while, a ways back; the Bills wore Puma but some other team wore something else).

No.  Not in private life.  On the ice.  If the NHL takes some time to sign into a new agreement.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Can they sign up with a company who can make jerseys in tall sizes?  Not a fan of jerseys with sleeves that don’t come down to where the wrist meets the base of the hand….says the long armed freak. 😂

Ummm ...

These are for the players not the fans.

Sorry, Blue.

You need to find a good tailor and have one custom fit.

• Haha (+1) 1

The worse part for the Sabres is that the Head of Jersey Design for Adidas is Eric Bodamer, who is from Tonawanda and remains a Sabres Fan to this Day. 

He paid extra attention to detail for all the  the Sabres Designs including the 50th and the Royal Blue Jerseys.

Nike would probably want a deal that has each team with 3 to 4 designs for each team per season, as the volume of sales isn't as high as the NFL would be. 

Returning to CCM is an option. 

As mentioned up thread the worse case scenario would be Fanatics, as the quality is awful. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The worse part for the Sabres is that the Head of Jersey Design for Adidas is Eric Bodamer, who is from Tonawanda and remains a Sabres Fan to this Day. 

He paid extra attention to detail for all the  the Sabres Designs including the 50th and the Royal Blue Jerseys.

Nike would probably want a deal that has each team with 3 to 4 designs for each team per season, as the volume of sales isn't as high as the NFL would be. 

Returning to CCM is an option. 

As mentioned up thread the worse case scenario would be Fanatics, as the quality is awful. 

North Tonawanda.

Yes, there is a difference.

No, there isn't.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure he is not head of jersey design, but a part of the design team.

EDIT:EDIT: I stand corrected. Just checked. He is the head guy.

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.