OT - has anyone else experienced pages slow to load here, or is it just me?

Weave

For about the last week, pages on this site have been occasionally slow to load.  Sometimes, especially  in the evening, they just hang up.  Been happening on my iphone.

Has anyone else been seeing this, or is it just me?

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have not noticed this. Page is loaded almost instantaneously for me. You can try using your Internet provider versus your cell phone provider and compare the load times. 

I’ve experienced it at work (cell service) and home (wifi).

At the moment it seems to be fine, but just before I started this thread things were loading slowly.

I have had zero issues on this site ever with slow loading pages.

The odd thing is I am wondering what is happening in general with my phone.  Its a newer phone, and just in the last week whether I'm out of the house or in the house on Wifi, my phone has been loading various (not all but many) apps and sites much slower than usual.  

No problems on this site on the computer though.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

For about the last week, pages on this site have been occasionally slow to load.  Sometimes, especially  in the evening, they just hang up.  Been happening on my iphone.

Twice in the last week. Once on WiFi once on 5g.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I’ve had this issue occasionally on my iPhone. When it happens I swipe up from the bottom left corner of the screen (on my 13, can’t remember for other models) and just close my browser app, open it back up and everything loads just fine.

Hope this helps.

With living in the hinterland way out in the country and 30 minutes from the most major city north of the dastardly Baastan my cell signal is almost always poopie.  Slow apps loading and internet browsing for everything.  It doesn't matter if I am on WIFI or cell data.  There is no differnce.

I rarely use mobile for this site.

Never been an issue on my laptop.

That said, I always blame my damn phone for any posts that make no sense.  Am I right @woods-racer (woodsie)??

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ... damn phone !!

21 hours ago, Weave said:

If you’re OK with the response I’m gonna go ahead and close this.

54 minutes ago, SDS said:

If you’re OK with the response I’m gonna go ahead and close this.

Other than early AM yesterday, Its been fine most of yesterday and today so far.  It sounds like maybe a few others experienced something similar  but it seems to be an irregular occurrence.  Do with it as you will.

• SDS locked this topic