2022 WJC 8/9 -8/20

LabattBlue

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Kulich was good against Canada. He's a smart quick player with good skills and strong effort. I see big things in his future and expect him to develop into a future Sabre. Possibly a star. 

Sweden is a soft uninspired hockey team. Rosen is a soft uninspired hockey player. If he becomes a significant Sabre I will be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. 

Sweden as a team were disappointing. They would have been much better with Östlund there centring Ohgren and Lekkermaki because those guys were lost without him. Maybe we got the Aho of the line.

Rosen is wheels and hands. He is a boom/bust pick with the hope being he develops into a game breaker. Jury is out over the next couple years. Lysell and Rosen were the two forwards that seemed to generate some offence.

Rosen has a long way to go. I doubt he plays regularly in the AHL for the first half of the season.

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Sweden as a team were disappointing. They would have been much better with Östlund there centring Ohgren and Lekkermaki because those guys were lost without him. Maybe we got the Aho of the line.

Rosen is wheels and hands. He is a boom/bust pick with the hope being he develops into a game breaker. Jury is out over the next couple years. Lysell and Rosen were the two forwards that seemed to generate some offence.

Rosen has a long way to go. I doubt he plays regularly in the AHL for the first half of the season.

Idk, their model in the AHL seems to be to play these guys in specific situations for development. I think last year in Europe was bad for his development. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, their model in the AHL seems to be to play these guys in specific situations for development. I think last year in Europe was bad for his development. 

I agree with you. My point was that I don’t think they will throw him over the boards for a regular shift in the first half of the year. It will be a developmental year with him. Sit him out some games. Use him in certain situations but not all. The plan should be to build him up gradually and hopefully in the second half of the year he has developed to a point that he is taking a regular shift and can be trusted in all situations.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I agree with you. My point was that I don’t think they will throw him over the boards for a regular shift in the first half of the year. It will be a developmental year with him. Sit him out some games. Use him in certain situations but not all. The plan should be to build him up gradually and hopefully in the second half of the year he has developed to a point that he is taking a regular shift and can be trusted in all situations.

I don’t want him to go through a season in Rochester like the one he just had in Sweden.

He needs to play in order to get better. Use him like Granato used Krebs. If he bombs in that time or can’t earn time over the likes of Weissbach, Jobst, Warren and Pekar, let alone other kids like Kisakov and Cedarqvist, he shouldn’t be in Rochester.

Fortunately, the Sabres seem to put developing players first, with a philosophy that you need to play to get better. I don’t think there was a genuine prospect on the roster last year used in the way you suggest.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t want him to go through a season in Rochester like the one he just had in Sweden.

He needs to play in order to get better. Use him like Granato used Krebs. If he bombs in that time or can’t earn time over the likes of Weissbach, Jobst, Warren and Pekar, let alone other kids like Kisakov and Cedarqvist, he shouldn’t be in Rochester.

Fortunately, the Sabres seem to put developing players first, with a philosophy that you need to play to get better. I don’t think there was a genuine prospect on the roster last year used in the way you suggest.

We shall see but you can’t develop everyone the same way. I don’t think Rosen is ready to play a regular shift in the AHL. We will see how he does.

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I kind of doubt that.  I think it’s more likely that he does get a regular shift in Rochester, even if he is kind of a detriment for the first half of the season.

19 minutes ago, Curt said:

I kind of doubt that.  I think it’s more likely that he does get a regular shift in Rochester, even if he is kind of a detriment for the first half of the season.

Why don't they move him back to the SHL #2 league to start? He still hasn't proven his worth there. If he works out, move him to ROC. 

Repeat the same next year if needed. After that, cut your losses on the big reach prospect and move on.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Why don't they move him back to the SHL #2 league to start? He still hasn't proven his worth there. If he works out, move him to ROC. 

Repeat the same next year if needed. After that, cut your losses on the big reach prospect and move on.

Sabres don’t get to decide which SHL league he plays in.  That is up to his SHL organization.

The SHL is a top tier league where winning is the business.  If you don’t win, they literally kick you out of the league.  The AHL is a development league.

I think they will just play him in the AHL.  It’s honestly what the league is there for.

47 minutes ago, Curt said:

Sabres don’t get to decide which SHL league he plays in.  That is up to his SHL organization.

The SHL is a top tier league where winning is the business.  If you don’t win, they literally kick you out of the league.  The AHL is a development league.

I think they will just play him in the AHL.  It’s honestly what the league is there for.

Given he's now signed in Buffalo, and we could bring him over here at the stroke of a pen, you'd think the SHL org would be willing to work with us.

11 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Given he's now signed in Buffalo, and we could bring him over here at the stroke of a pen, you'd think the SHL org would be willing to work with us.

Stuff like that happens in the CHL.  NHL teams have some pull with how drafted prospects are used and even whether or not they are traded.  But I don’t think it’s like that in the SHL.  At least I don’t remember hearing of it happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.