2022 WJC 8/9 -8/20

LabattBlue

Are they selecting new rosters?   Or keeping the same and picking up where they left off? 

Will the 2023 WJC happen at Christmas time... only 4 months after the 2022 event?    How much will the rosters change?

35 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Are they selecting new rosters?   Or keeping the same and picking up where they left off? 

Will the 2023 WJC happen at Christmas time... only 4 months after the 2022 event?    How much will the rosters change?

I think rosters can be modified from last Xmas, and yes, 2023 tourney scheduled for this winter. 

Edited by LabattBlue

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Wouldn't playing in a prestigious hockey tournament against your peers be considered “getting ready”? 🤔

Its not a summer event its not going to have that "it" buzz like it does after Christmas.

I can almost Guarantee its going to be a flop and going to be  The least watched world juniors ever

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Its not a summer event its not going to have that "it" buzz like it does after Christmas.

I can almost Guarantee its going to be a flop and going to be  The least watched world juniors ever

Really doubt that.  Most of the rest of the world didn't even know the tournament was happening prior to the '00's and even less of it cared.  Ratings will be down in Canada as it's coming right after black fly season & right before mosquito season but it'll still draw more eyeballs than it did back in the '80's.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really doubt that.  Most of the rest of the world didn't even know the tournament was happening prior to the '00's and even less of it cared.  Ratings will be down in Canada as it's coming right after black fly season & right before mosquito season but it'll still draw more eyeballs than it did back in the '80's.

Will see.. I'll watch but it will feel like another worlds tournament

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Will see.. I'll watch but it will feel like another worlds tournament

This is awesome....... Hopefully they’ll cancel it, it’s pointless, won’t have any buzz, will be a flop, least watched ever...........I’m going to watch.

• Haha (+1) 2

Hockey news is scarce right now and actual games are not happening. As a fan of the game I will watch as much as possible but it won’t have the same feel as Christmas/New Year.

The Hockey Canada scandals will make it awkward to put a positive spin on the tournament from this country’s perspective.

• Agree 1

What is it with international sport organizations and unnavigable websites?  IIHF is almost as bad as FIFA and IOC. (Maybe there's no room for graft in the website industry?)  And put the freaking rosters up already!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Apparently ticket sales are way way down and some people with tickets say they won't even go due to the scandal. This was on the CBC news last night. At the moment, it looks like it might just be a total flop. 

Doesn’t help that the tournament is falling within Edmonton’s 3 weeks of the year that aren’t early winter, deep winter, late winter, or mud season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Doesn’t help that the tournament is falling within Edmonton’s 3 weeks of the year that aren’t early winter, deep winter, late winter, or mud season.

true. Klondike Days are just ending. That's just about the only other event they have. It is the one season the snowbirds are actually in town though. 

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Apparently ticket sales are way way down and some people with tickets say they won't even go due to the scandal. This was on the CBC news last night. At the moment, it looks like it might just be a total flop. 

Wow.  That is amazing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.