Are the Sabres committed enough to building a winner in Rochester?

GASabresIUFAN

I can’t let a thread like this go without my usual voice of dissent when it comes to the value of AHL success. I believe, the Crunch’s success has more to do Tampa’s drafting prowess and not any veteran leadership on the farm. I, for example, don’t believe Catensomething develops into Brayden Point if only he played for Syracuse instead of Rochester.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I do enjoy how these threads inevitably turn into Buffalonians stating “***** the Amerks”. 

As a Buffalonuan, I value the Amerks' performance highly.  Good people and good performance there makes me as a fan more enthusiastic about the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I do enjoy how these threads inevitably turn into Buffalonians stating “***** the Amerks”. 

Trust me, Rochester is attracting far more interest in industry than Buffalo. 

The population of Rochester lags Buffalo by 50k or so but if some of the projects being studied actually happen then the Flower City will become the dominant WNY hub. 

Hub. That’s a hint at the project in mind. The county is investing $3 million to study it. Major expansion of everything.

Even without that one project, there are a ton more on the books. The whole supply chain issue was an eye opener/potential money maker for a lot of entrepreneurs and the ROC is right in the right spot at the right time. 
 So who cares what anyone else thinks 😉

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s interesting that on twitter, I’ve never seen an NHL fan base as hostile to an AHL team as Buffalo is to Rochester. I don’t know why. It’s quite weird. 

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

It’s interesting that on twitter, I’ve never seen an NHL fan base as hostile to an AHL team as Buffalo is to Rochester. I don’t know why. It’s quite weird. 

I really don't understand why fans of the Sabres would feel that way.

Now that I'm retired, I was actually looking into the possibility of signing up for the AHLTV streaming service for the Amerks.  Doesn't look too expensive and I'm sure I would watch a number of games when nothing else is going on in the winter here in Colorado.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

I think it’s at least partly because both cities are closer to equal then most parent club/ minor league affiliate arrangements.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I really don't understand why fans of the Sabres would feel that way.

Now that I'm retired, I was actually looking into the possibility of signing up for the AHLTV streaming service for the Amerks.  Doesn't look too expensive and I'm sure I would watch a number of games when nothing else is going on in the winter here in Colorado.

I agree. It’s weird. It’s usually those that are quite prominent on Sabres twitter. I think they’re very insecure people, and the moment an Amerks fan questions the Sabres, they can’t handle it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Well that’s a mistake some fans fall into (not claiming you are). Thinking Twitter Sabres fans are the majority group think of all fans overall. Isn’t it like 10% of the entire population of North America is on Twitter. And an even less percentage follow or are engaged in any kind of sports babble. I’m pretty confident in thinking the vast vast majority of Sabres fans want a healthy and successful Amerks team too.
The loudmouth troglodytes on any social media platform spewing likewise are infantile and few.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Well that’s a mistake some fans fall into (not claiming you are). Thinking Twitter Sabres fans are the majority group think of all fans overall. Isn’t it like 10% of the entire population of North America is on Twitter. And an even less percentage follow or are engaged in any kind of sports babble. I’m pretty confident in thinking the vast vast majority of Sabres fans want a healthy and successful Amerks team too.
The loudmouth troglodytes on any social media platform spewing likewise are infantile and few.

This is a better point then my previous post.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Thanks for this.  Twitter is not a good gauge and most Sabres fans want a strong AHL farm team.  

I can’t believe this is even a debate.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Thanks for this.  Twitter is not a good gauge and most Sabres fans want a strong AHL farm team.  

I can’t believe this is even a debate.  

Twitter is not a good gauge of anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Bloom is not AHL eligible. Kozak could play there.

Also missing Mersch.  While this lineup somewhat resembles what the Amerks will ice, it’s not quite right.  Until October, who knows at this point.  Maybe one of Quinn or Peterka are sent there.  Maybe Kulich makes the big squad (I doubt it but YNK). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.