Arttu Ruotsalainen leaving for Switzerland

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

???

56 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Pilut escaped the vast empty tundra that is Putin's Russia.

Switzerland is very nice and comfortable Europe.  It is less likely that R2 escapes and comes back to Buffalo, IMO.

The Swiss league isn't KHL caliber, though.  Maybe he will want more of a challenge.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was this bad asset management? The kid is close to being an NHLer.  AZ, Chi and Mon among others all need cheap depth.  Could he have been traded to someone for a late pick where he’d have a better opportunity?

I don’t think so because they still hold his rights in North America, it was a well-known “secret” he was ready to move to Europe, and the return would have been a late round pick at best. 

Edited by Porous Five Hole
Sent 4X. My bad.
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I don’t think so because they still hold his rights in North America, it was a well-known “secret” he was ready to move to Europe, and the return would have been a late round pick at best. 

At BEST at best.  More likely a swap for another AHL player, IMO.

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

At BEST at best.  More likely a swap for another AHL player, IMO.

Get at least something for him, right?

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Get at least something for him, right?

Not really.  And is another AHLer really "something?"  Plus the Sabres still have his rights.

It's ok to not like Adams without *looking for* reasons to not like Adams, you know?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Not really.  And is another AHLer really "something?"  Plus the Sabres still have his rights.

It's ok to not like Adams without *looking for* reasons to not like Adams, you know?

Not really.  Here is a center we needed for the AHL and who might have contributed to the Sabres who is now gone without any assets returning the other way.

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not really.  Here is a center we needed for the AHL and who might have contributed to the Sabres who is now gone without any assets returning the other way.

You should start an “Everything Kevyn Adams has NOT done” thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was this bad asset management? The kid is close to being an NHLer.  AZ, Chi and Mon among others all need cheap depth.  Could he have been traded to someone for a late pick where he’d have a better opportunity?

Yes I agree.  It doesn't bother me that R2 decided to leave (given his spot on the depth chart) but I agree that he should be able to win a spot on some NHL team or at least on a team with a clearer path to some playing time for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He was not close to being an NHLer.  His ceiling was tweener.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

He was not close to being an NHLer.  His ceiling was tweener.

True. He is at his ceiling right now so this is not a big deal.  Look at the centers we just drafted.  We didn’t get anything for R2 because he isn’t worth much.  We still have his rights but he has no chance to make the Sabres given the pipeline we have.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.