Arttu Ruotsalainen leaving for Switzerland

LGR4GM

But Liger the 2022 Sabres are the same as the previous Sabres and blah blah blah. Prove they aren't!

If it were 2017, Ruotsalainen stays and is a bottom 6 forward for the Sabres. In 2022, the talent level above him has risen to the point where there is no spot for him. There is no, "might make the team and fill a bottom 6 role". Bjork falls into this category. In 2021, there was a spot for him because talent level. In 2022, I expect him to be waived at some point because there is just more talent. That is why I think this time is different, the talent throughout the lineup as an aggregate is better than when we needed ROR, Eichel, and Reinhart all to be McDavid/Draisaitl for the team to work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Weave said:

Sucks for the Amerks.

IfI knew the prospects AHL / Junior / Overseas leagues better, I could tell if they are going to have enough depth without him.  If anything, it opens a spot for a kid who would be down a peg on the AHL depth chart.  

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He'll be back.

The F version of Pilut.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Sucks for the Amerks.

Yep.  Sabres too, as he could've been the "near NHL ready prospect" in part of a package to a team needing to shed salary.  Still expect (hope?) that somebody will figure out that his inability to be a wall the goalie can't see around is way offset by his hand-eye coordination & relexes/hands in tight spaces and use him as the down low forward on the PP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Arttu! Where are you?

Switzerland. The answer is Switzerland.

There goes a great name and a very good AHLer (he rose to the challenge of the playoffs quite nicely). He never got the top six look in Buffalo (mostly lined up with Bjork and/or Hayden) that would have been required to showcase his offense. Maybe this season would've worked as a 13F and rolling four attacking lines. But alas --- best of luck to him.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

I understand why he did this, but it’s a monumental loss for Rochester. Between him, Jankowski, Quinn and Peterka, that’s a lot of offense gone, with very little brought in to replace it. Might be a tough year. 

i think Peterka and Quinn were unicorns and there is no way the likes of Kisakov and Rosen will make up for their loss, and, as you say, there's been no one signed to replace Jankowski and R2.

The upgrades to the blueline should make up for it somewhat, but there is a big hole down the middle.

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

i think Peterka and Quinn were unicorns and there is no way the likes of Kisakov and Rosen will make up for their loss, and, as you say, there's been no one signed to replace Jankowski and R2.

The upgrades to the blueline should make up for it somewhat, but there is a big hole down the middle.

….yet!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

….yet!

Just using raw numbers, I count 11 forwards that I see on Rochester right now. 

Malone, Biro, Rosen, Mersch, Rousek, Weissbach, Ceserqvist, Kisakov, Jobst, Murray, Pekar

Unknowns right now are Kulich, Kozak and perhaps McDonnell. 

Either way, I think they need to bring in at least 2-3 more forwards in the organization, whether it’s those I mentioned above, or another vet or two  

Edited by Amerks8796

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Mugsy Malone and Biro are good #2 & #3 line centers in the AHL.  If they can bring in one top line center (I don’t think any prospects fit the bill), they will be fine. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Mugsy Malone and Biro are good #2 & #3 line centers in the AHL.  If they can bring in one top line center (I don’t think any prospects fit the bill), they will be fine. 

I would agree. They need a top 6 C now that Artuu left. A couple candidates I would like are Sam Anas, Cedric Paquette, Sam Steel. 

21 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Just using raw numbers, I count 11 forwards that I see on Rochester right now. 

Malone, Biro, Rosen, Mersch, Rousek, Weissbach, Ceserqvist, Kisakov, Jobst, Murray, Pekar

Unknowns right now are Kulich, Kozak and perhaps McDonnell. 

Either way, I think they need to bring in at least 2-3 more forwards in the organization, whether it’s those I mentioned above, or another vet or two  

You are overlooking the mighty Bjork.  😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.