Sabres Prospect Challenge September 15-19.

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m surprised they are coming.  They don’t really have much of a prospect pool. Maybe they are inviting a bunch of free agents for a game to get a look at them.

…and if their pool is filled with Euros and NCAA players, the ability to fill a roster at a tourney like this in September is even more difficult. 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

…and if their pool is filled with Euros and NCAA players, the ability to fill a roster at a tourney like this in September is even more difficult. 

It's not. Mostly chl guys. They can't muster a roster because they barely have drafted anyone in about a decade.

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Isak Rosen will be the star of the tournament 

One of the most interesting non-Sabres story lines of next year will be what Appert and Peca do with Rosen, as well as Kisakov and hopefully Kulich.

Certainly the coaching approach is going to be 180 degrees from what Rosen got last year in Sweden.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dudacek said:

One of the most interesting non-Sabres story lines of next year will be what Appert and Peca do with Rosen, as well as Kisakov and hopefully Kulich.

Certainly the coaching approach is going to be 180 degrees from what Rosen got last year in Sweden.

I've never gone to see an Rochester game before, but if they do have a number of prospects there this year I might have to head up for a game. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not going to count on Power, Samuelsson and Krebs to be there because they finished the year with Buffalo, but they were at development camp, so you never know.

But Peterka and Quinn are still definitely prospects and should be there, so even without the three above it should be a very interesting forward lineup.

All these guys are on their ELC contracts and should be available

Quinn Savoie Peterka

Weissbach Kulich Rousek

Kisakov Biro Rosen

Bloom Kozak Nadeau

Pekar Cedarqvist

Defence and goalie is another story.

Laaksonen is the only guy that fits. Lindgren and Komarev might be available. We’ve heard the Czech WJC goalie will get a look, and they will have to add a few tryout guys.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I’m not going to count on Power, Samuelsson and Krebs to be there because they finished the year with Buffalo, but they were at development camp, so you never know.

But Peterka and Quinn are still definitely prospects and should be there, so even without the three above it should be a very interesting forward lineup.

All these guys are on their ELC contracts and should be available

Quinn Savoie Peterka

Weissbach Kulich Rousek

Kisakov Biro Rosen

Bloom Kozak Nadeau

Pekar Cedarqvist

Defence and goalie is another story.

Laaksonen is the only guy that fits. Lindgren and Komarev might be available. We’ve heard the Czech WJC goalie will get a look, and they will have to add a few tryout guys.

I would expect Declan McDonnell on the roster as well. Sounds like the Sabres are interested in him. 

23 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are we weak in defence prospects? All these forwards but not a lot of d-men 

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is kind of. 

A bunch of our defensive prospects won't be at the tourney and also we don't have a ton. 

I think there is a combination of age, years pro, NHL games that all team participating agree to ahead of time. Might even change from year to year. Regardless, the Sabres blueline will have to be filled in with some players currently not Sabres property. 

Power, Laaksonen, Lindgren, and 4 or 5 invitees?

…or am I missing one or two guys who may be signed to minor league deals who played with Rochester or Cincinnati last year?

Edited by LabattBlue

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I think there is a combination of age, years pro, NHL games that all team participating agree to ahead of time. Might even change from year to year. Regardless, the Sabres blueline will have to be filled in with some players currently not Sabres property. 

Power, Laaksonen, Lindgren, and 4 or 5 invitees?

…or am I missing one or two guys who may be signed to minor league deals who played with Rochester or Cincinnati last year?

In terms of guys under contract, it's Fitzgerald (25), Davies (25), Priske (26) and Clague (24) who are guys on the cusp.

They have each played 3 minor pro seasons and between 4 and 58 NHL games. Each is on a 2-way NHL contract.

Pilut has 2 years pro in North America, 46 NHL games and is 26 and is also on a 2-way.

It's actually quite the group of tweeners, but I doubt they will be eligible

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.