Sabres Prospect Challenge September 15-19.

Brawndo

Does anyone know what the "prospects" threshold is?  Is it the same as the NHL "rookie" definition?  I'm wondering who we're going to see from Ottawa and NJ, each of whom have a bunch of good young players who might be too experienced at this point to be considered prospects.

It'll be a reduced line-up.  Looking at last year's roster it doesn't appear we'll see overseas players (Sweden, Finland, Russia) nor NCAA players as Power, Ryan Johnson weren't in the line-up last year.   Plus, I imagine they'll hold back Quinn, Krebs and Peterka as they don't have anything to prove anymore.  

Edited by Cage
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Cage said:

It'll be a reduced line-up.  Looking at last year's roster it doesn't appear we'll see overseas players (Sweden, Finland, Russia) nor NCAA players as Power, Ryan Johnson weren't in the line-up last year.   Plus, I imagine they'll hold back Quinn, Krebs and Peterka as they don't have anything to prove anymore.  

Plus Muel got hurt in it last year which made him miss training camp and the start to the season

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Cage said:

I’d be very surprised if Quinn and Peterka aren’t there.

Maybe not Power, Mule or Krebs, but given the dev camp set-up, why not, if they’re eligible?

We should get Rosen again, and our first looks at Savoie and Kisakov. Östlund and Kulich are under contract, so I think there’s a good chance they will be here, rather than Europe, too.

The college guys and unsigned Euros, no.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’d be very surprised if Quinn and Peterka aren’t there.

Maybe not Power, Mule or Krebs, but given the dev camp set-up, why not, if they’re eligible?

We should get Rosen again, and our first looks at Savoie and Kisakov. Östlund and Kulich are under contract, so I think there’s a good chance they will be here, rather than Europe, too.

The college guys and unsigned Euros, no.

Östlund will be in Europe. Idk about Kulich at this point. 

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Östlund will be in Europe. Idk about Kulich at this point. 

Is that a given?

I know the plan is for Östlund to play in Europe, but since he is under contract, do the Sabres not get to have him here if they want him here for camp?

Pretty sure other Euro prospects have been here in the past, but maybe I’m misremembering.

Just now, dudacek said:

Is that a given?

I know the plan is for Östlund to play in Europe, but since he is under contract, do the Sabres not get to have him here if they want him here for camp?

Pretty sure other Euro prospects have been here in the past, but maybe I’m misremembering.

Östlund has said he expects to be in Sweden 2 more years.  Has the development camp changed his mind?

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is that a given?

Sure they can but he's not making the Sabres.

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Östlund has said he expects to be in Sweden 2 more years.  Has the development camp changed his mind?

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sure they can but he's not making the Sabres.

He said he plans to play in Sweden for another 1 or 2 years and I have no reason to think that has changed.

I'm talking about him being in training camp and potentially playing in the prospects tourney.

Yes, his Swedish league team will be playing, but I'm thinking he's there essentially on loan from the Sabres and wondering if the Sabres want him to be in Buffalo for camp, they can make that happen.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He said he plans to play in Sweden for another 1 or 2 years and I have no reason to think that has changed.

I'm talking about him being in training camp and potentially playing in the prospects tourney.

Yes, his Swedish league team will be playing, but I'm thinking he's there essentially on loan from the Sabres and wondering if the Sabres want him to be in Buffalo for camp, they can make that happen.

Would be surprised if the Sabres make him skip time w/ his SEL team for the prospects tourney this year.  Next year may be a different story.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just don’t understand why schedule can’t be more compressed, or add an extra day to it, and have a championship game between the top two teams after the round robin. 👎🏻

On 7/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, LabattBlue said:

Waaahhhhh.  Go see if mommy will give you a sucker and a hug. 😂😂😂

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.