Sabres Sign Lawrence Pilut 1 Year 750k

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Thought he was overrated during his time here and he hasn’t exactly torn up the KHL.

But in terms of a 7/8 he’s perfectly serviceable.

I’m with you.  He was a solid meh on a horrible team.  Seemed more likely shiny new toy syndrome than performance related.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It strikes me that he has a good, tip-able shot.  A lot of primary assists on shots from the point.  If he gets up to the Sabres he may be 3rd pairing, 2nd PP.

I see Dahlin quarterbacking PP1 AND Power PP2, I can't see Pilut being inserted in any of the units, which is a good problem to have.

Typing this out makes me wonder if granato would roll both Dahlin and power on the same unit. It certainly could be entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I see Dahlin quarterbacking PP1 AND Power PP2, I can't see Pilut being inserted in any of the units, which is a good problem to have.

Typing this out makes me wonder if granato would roll both Dahlin and power on the same unit. It certainly could be entertaining.

IF he makes the team could see either Pilut or Power picking up the scraps of PP time that Dahlin doesn't command.  If Pilut isn't dressed, those last 20 seconds become Owen's.

Very low cost for low-to-mid potential reward. No real downside to this.

No expectations but see how he plays in camp. More importantly, see how he plays under THIS coaching staff and THIS system.  We might see what looks to be a different player when in this system.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Given that Pilut is waiver exempt while Bryson and Fitzgerald are not. Unless Pilut dramatically outperforms them, I think Larry goes to Rochester and is the First Call Up on Defense 

Probably meaningless, but the Sabres roster on their site has been updated after the recent moves to include their recent signings.

Neither Pilut, nor Fitzgerald, nor even Samuelsson are included on the list of big club players.

Kale Clague is.

(Also of interest is Krebs, Peterka and Quinn are also missing. Owen Power, however, is on the list.)

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Assuming Fitz is the 7th D, who do we like for the 8th slot Pilut, Clague or someone else?

The Amerks blueline is getting pretty crowded as well.  Prow, Davies, Eliot, Tischke, Priske, and Laaksonen to go with either and or both Clague and Pilut.  

So bringing back pilut is good asset management?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.