2022 NHL Free Agency Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

4 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I'f I'm KA I ask Chicago is Toews waves NTC for Buffalo.  Let him come here to center fourth line, be a mentor for all the young centers, he can win face-offs and is  good on pk.  

I would want Toews for Bishop, Bjork, and Buffalo 3rd in 2024.

Chicago drops 4million in cap hit, and saves 1.2 million in real money.

Chicago also still above the cap floor. 

Meme Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m with Sweet Lou on this one.  I’d love to see him mentor the kids.  
think he was still was 60% at the dot

love the leadership of KO and Tuch but they don’t have the pedigree that Toews has. 

Problem is Toews legs appear to be gone, could be recovery from injuries holding him back... could bounce back but he is getting older.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m with Sweet Lou on this one.  I’d love to see him mentor the kids.  
think he was still was 60% at the dot

love the leadership of KO and Tuch but they don’t have the pedigree that Toews has. 

28 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Problem is Toews legs appear to be gone, could be recovery from injuries holding him back... could bounce back but he is getting older.

The bigger problem IMHO is they seem to be planning on riding a 4 line rotation of relatively even ice time (regardless of how the bottom 3 lines might get assembled) & at his current stage of his career, not sure Toews is still up for 12-14 minutes over 80 games.  And it would have to be handled quite delicately if they decide to give him maintenance days.  It could be done, and Adams and Granato could probably make it palatable; but it's a long way from team captain (of a multiple SC winner, btw) to healthy scratch overnight.

Can see Kane here.  Can't see Toews.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The bigger problem IMHO is they seem to be planning on riding a 4 line rotation of relatively even ice time (regardless of how the bottom 3 lines might get assembled) & at his current stage of his career, not sure Toews is still up for 12-14 minutes over 80 games.  And it would have to be handled quite delicately if they decide to give him maintenance days.  It could be done, and Adams and Granato could probably make it palatable; but it's a long way from team captain (of a multiple SC winner, btw) to healthy scratch overnight.

Can see Kane here.  Can't see Toews.

Load Management.  

bring them both in, if the price is right 

ie…don’t give up any roster players and noone drafted in the first two rounds, who are knocking on the door 

next years (lottery protected) 1st would be the main asset going back 

gives Chicago a clear path the Bedard 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Load Management.  

bring them both in, if the price is right 

ie…don’t give up any roster players and noone drafted in the first two rounds, who are knocking on the door 

next years (lottery protected) 1st would be the main asset going back 

gives Chicago a clear path the Bedard 

And Buffalo a clearer path to drafting at 16+.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not a fan of Max Pacioretty? 🙂

Even if Adams inquired about Pacioretty, either the player nixed it or Vegas refused based on the optics. (Trading Patches and Coghlan to Buffalo for Future Considerations would certainly just get added to the Eichel trade in the league-wide consciousness) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So no Kadri to Buffalo (which makes some of you happy) but there's a real opportunity here. Those contenders need cap space. Get an asset/player and pick(s) off them for next to nothing. Take on the money. It would be a solid plan B. 

He’s too old for a long term contract and very likely to return to being a 0.6 ppg. If Kadri were willing to take 2x10, I’d take him but that would be borderline idiotic for Kadri:

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

If we do help another team's cap, I would hope we should get a much better return than what we got for Bishop's contract.  Still not happy with the return from Dallas.

With Bishop being fully eligible for BF-LTIR, providing the rumors are correct that the team controlling his rights would only be out of pocket $750k thanks to insurance, all taking on Bishop's contract did was save the Stars $750k.  Suppose they might've gotten a 6th for taking him, but doubt it.  The Sabres got the 7th and near certainty that they'd be able to make a mid-season move without worrying about going under the cap floor.  Which is a decent purchase for only $750k IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.