2022 NHL Free Agency Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

With all the tweeners Adams picked up yesterday plus Pilut coming back, expect Adams was expecting this.  But still disappointed by it.  He'd've been ideal as the 7. 

Fitzgerald & Pilut breathing a sigh of relief now.  Barring another move they're pretty much locked in at 7 & 8.

UPL & Subban can't be happy about it.

• Like (+1) 1

Was at the bar last night and couldn't believe the news that the Jackets had gotten Gaudreau.  I think Jackets fans are as surprised as anyone else.  Also picked up Gudbranson, their "#1 target".  Pretty good day for them.

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m mildly disappointed in this. A couple of the vibes guys, Anderson and Hinostroza,  were rewarded with one year deals that I don’t think they would have received from another team.  With that as a backdrop, it seemed Pysyk was worthy of a similar deal to serve as our 7th D. 

OK, I’m over it. Still…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I’m mildly disappointed in this. A couple of the vibes guys, Anderson and Hinostroza,  were rewarded with one year deals that I don’t think they would have received from another team.  With that as a backdrop, it seemed Pysyk was worthy of a similar deal to serve as our 7th D

OK, I’m over it. Still…

Agreed.  Wonder just how much/if Pilut coming back changed the plan.

Of course, he could very well be in Detroit's top 6.  Expect he'll at least have a shot at it barring additional moves.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:
49 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

boo

Good for Mark.  He wasn't going to be back anyway.  He competently fills a slot in Detroit, is a good glue guy, but doesn't significantly improve their D corps.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I’m mildly disappointed in this. A couple of the vibes guys, Anderson and Hinostroza,  were rewarded with one year deals that I don’t think they would have received from another team.  With that as a backdrop, it seemed Pysyk was worthy of a similar deal to serve as our 7th D. 

OK, I’m over it. Still…

The way I see it, Hinostroza will get minutes, Anderson will get his games.  But Pysyk was not going to be a regular player considering the D they have so... let him get minutes somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wonder just how much/if Pilut coming back changed the plan.

-0.456%

Even if Pilut sees NHL time, it will be brief and mostly in the 7D spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

Who does Columbus move to get under the cap?

Easiest way would be to not sign/trade Laine.  If they're going to sign Laine, they're gonna have to move Voracek or a Nyquist and/or Bjorkstrand.  

I like Bjorkstrand, but just saw he was a minus 35 last year.  Yikes!

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Easiest way would be to not sign/trade Laine.  If they're going to sign Laine, they're gonna have to move Voracek or a Nyquist and/or Bjorkstrand.  

I like Bjorkstrand, but just saw he was a minus 35 last year.  Yikes!

Voracek with CBus retaining some would be interesting because we could retain flip him again for a pick. Voracek at say a 3.5m hit is way more interesting than Voracek at an 8.5m hit

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

Voracek with CBus retaining some would be interesting because we could retain flip him again for a pick. Voracek at say a 3.5m hit is way more interesting than Voracek at an 8.5m hit

They're probably throwing at least next years first round pick in whatever deal as well I'd guess.  So get Voracek for one year and a couple picks for it.

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hopefully He avoids the Buffets on His way to TC

There are ex-Sabres you see going to other orgs and say, "Yeah, he wasn't part of our future, but he's an okay player and will fit in well elsewhere."  (Think of a player like Pysyk.)  Then there are players like Cagiulla, Dell, etc., that you say, "Those players are the reasons we suck.  Good luck with that!"

• Like (+1) 1

Much of our JAG corps seems to be getting jobs.  Tokarski, Dell, Pysyk, Miller and Caggiula have all signed somewhere.

Dell to SJ

Pysyk to Det - 1 yr 1 way 850K

Miller to Dal - 2 yr 1 way 1.85 aav

Tokarski  to Pitt - 1 yr 1 way 775K 

Caggiula to Pitt - 1 yr 2 way 750K\

Jonas Johannsson back to Col - 1 yr 2 way 750K ( I never thought he'd last this long to the NHL/AHL

Nick Deslauriers - 4 yr 1way 1 mill aav

Staal to Fla PTO

No word on Hayden, Eakin, Houser or Hagg

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Much of our JAG corps seems to be getting jobs.  Tokarski, Dell, Pysyk, Miller and Caggiula have all signed somewhere.

Dell to SJ

Pysyk to Det - 1 yr 1 way 850K

Miller to Dal - 2 yr 1 way 1.85 aav

Tokarski  to Pitt - 1 yr 1 way 775K 

Caggiula to Pitt - 1 yr 2 way 750K\

Jonas Johannsson back to Col - 1 yr 2 way 750K ( I never thought he'd last this long to the NHL/AHL

Nick Deslauriers - 4 yr 1way 1 mill aav

Staal to Fla PTO

No word on Hayden, Eakin, Houser or Hagg

Not too surprising.  They weren't GOOD NHLers, but they ARE (for the most part, Dell & Johansson being notable exceptions) NHLers.

Mildly surprised Hagg hasn't caught on anywhere.  Hayden is one of those 'camp is opening & we could still use some more muscle, he'll be cheap' signings, so kind of expected he wasn't a 1st couple of days signing.

Good for the ones that did land jobs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.