2022 NHL Free Agency Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

https://apple.news/AVSUCt4DwQk6vT7OuSzOIIQ

This story lists 5 possible landing spots for Kadri. One of them is the Wild, who could use a 1C/2C, but the cap prevents them from doing so.
Could the Sabres get asset(s) from the Wild for next to nothing so they get their man?

I'llplay along...

I think they want to keep Dumba long term so he is out...I think they would move one of the forwards like Greenway or Foligno if they are signing a player like Kadri for 4-5 years.  I could also see them taking Bishop back in a trade to give them the LTIR relief.

Potential deal-

To sabres- Foligno/Greenway

To Wild- Murray/Pekar, Bishop and 2023 Vegas 2nd rd pick

I think that we always assume Boston is going to be bad, every year there is news of injuries or players that are traded and on paper, they look worse.... The season then starts and they are magically just good.

Winning culture maybe, but until they are way back in the playoff race, I assume they'll make it every year; just like I assume we will miss every year, until we finally make it 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I think that we always assume Boston is going to be bad, every year there is news of injuries or players that are traded and on paper, they look worse.... The season then starts and they are magically just good.

Winning culture maybe, but until they are way back in the playoff race, I assume they'll make it every year; just like I assume we will miss every year, until we finally make it 

This is true, but there are a lot of issues this year and a lot of question marks. 

1. Marchand, McAvoy, and to a lesser extent Gryzlyck. How soon do they come back from injury and will they be fully effective when they come back? 

2. Goaltending. Will Swayman keep developing forward or will he take the young goalie backwards step that they often do, cause Ullmark is pretty meh. 

3. Bergeron and/or Krejci still not part of the equation.

4. Foligno and some of the other lower end players have not been good. Will they bounce back or are they done, cause they have to bounce back considering all the injuries.

5. Will ANY of their kids like Studnika or Zboril finally step up and become NHL regulars. Montgomery was partly hired over Cassidy because of Cassidy's reluctance to play their kids. Question is are any of their prospects actually any good? 

They still have a solid D (if healthy) and Pasternak, Hall is a ? but does play well with Pasta if they have a decent center. It could possibly come together, but if a number of these things listed go badly their run is over and they will be bottom of the division soon enough. 

Sabres certainly have a much better looking prospect cupboard than the baby bears do. 

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Klingberg to Anaheim. 1 year, $7 million

I thought he would have got a better deal for more years.  I'm not overly impressed with Anaheim's roster still.  I guess you have to sign quick before the money is all tied up with other players with the Cap.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I hear you on this, its like when Marchand suddenly found a scoring touch and then pasta showed up, then Chara defied age for a few years and McAvoy showed up on the scene. 

They keep getting lucky at the right time it seems, or is it good management 🤮

Whatever the case, they are in until they're not and I personally can't wait for the years when the Sabres just own their ass for a few years or more.

I've been here for a while though, waiting for that time which just hasen't seemed to come yet. 

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

I hear you on this, its like when Marchand suddenly found a scoring touch and then pasta showed up, then Chara defied age for a few years and McAvoy showed up on the scene. 

They keep getting lucky at the right time it seems, or is it good management 🤮

Whatever the case, they are in until they're not and I personally can't wait for the years when the Sabres just own their ass for a few years or more.

I've been here for a while though, waiting for that time which just hasen't seemed to come yet. 

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I'llplay along...

I think they want to keep Dumba long term so he is out...I think they would move one of the forwards like Greenway or Foligno if they are signing a player like Kadri for 4-5 years.  I could also see them taking Bishop back in a trade to give them the LTIR relief.

Potential deal-

To sabres- Foligno/Greenway

To Wild- Murray/Pekar, Bishop and 2023 Vegas 2nd rd pick

Adding a player you expect to place on LTIR does not give you any extra cap relief. It will only allow a team to go over the cap by the amount of the LTIR contract. If a player is already on your team and you need to relieve the team of his cap hit, then and only then does LTIR give you cap relief. Now, bringing in a LTIR player poses some cap problems. They must be on the roster at the start of the season and this count towards the cap at that time. 

25 minutes ago, irregularly irregular said:

That was last Sunday and nothing more than a rumor at this point. I was expecting something much more definitive to have occurred long ago. 

Sometimes it takes several days and sometimes weeks for teams to clear up cap space. In a smart and effective way. It’ll happen… I’m not impatient for it to happen. Because I know it will. At some point before October.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.