2022 NHL Free Agency Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Much of our JAG corps seems to be getting jobs.  Tokarski, Dell, Pysyk, Miller and Caggiula have all signed somewhere.

Dell to SJ

Pysyk to Det - 1 yr 1 way 850K

Miller to Dal - 2 yr 1 way 1.85 aav

Tokarski  to Pitt - 1 yr 1 way 775K 

Caggiula to Pitt - 1 yr 2 way 750K\

Jonas Johannsson back to Col - 1 yr 2 way 750K ( I never thought he'd last this long to the NHL/AHL

Nick Deslauriers - 4 yr 1way 1 mill aav

Staal to Fla PTO

No word on Hayden, Eakin, Houser or Hagg

The way I see it is it's fine to have a couple of JAGs on every team.  What was bad in the past was half (or more) the Sabres team was JAGs.  LOL.

Things are getting incrementally better.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Much of our JAG corps seems to be getting jobs.  Tokarski, Dell, Pysyk, Miller and Caggiula have all signed somewhere.

Dell to SJ

Pysyk to Det - 1 yr 1 way 850K

Miller to Dal - 2 yr 1 way 1.85 aav

Tokarski  to Pitt - 1 yr 1 way 775K 

Caggiula to Pitt - 1 yr 2 way 750K\

Jonas Johannsson back to Col - 1 yr 2 way 750K ( I never thought he'd last this long to the NHL/AHL

Nick Deslauriers - 4 yr 1way 1 mill aav

Staal to Fla PTO

No word on Hayden, Eakin, Houser or Hagg

Nick is $1.75M AAV - $7M total. 

Edit - overpaid, as was Miller.  Cannot believe he received a two year deal.  

Edited by Broken Ankles

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Even trading for Voracek and buying Him Out this Year or next for a First isn’t a bad idea

0CBEBF69-2167-472F-BA76-3DC98AA0B615.jpeg

I'm reading it as you don't save much this year on the buyout?  If not, I'd keep him at least this year if not next.  He seems like one of those good, older veteran type players you want around the youngsters for a season or two.  I don't know if the Sabres would do it or not though.  I'm sure they'll have a wide selection of these types of trades if they decide to do one.

9 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

I'm reading it as you don't save much this year on the buyout?  If not, I'd keep him at least this year if not next.  He seems like one of those good, older veteran type players you want around the youngsters for a season or two.  I don't know if the Sabres would do it or not though.  I'm sure they'll have a wide selection of these types of trades if they decide to do one.

I don't think there's a need to buyout. If you retain, someone will give you something. He's still productive, just not worth his current aav.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think Houser ends up in Cincy again.

Are we actually looking for updates on Houser?  Great story and all, but he's an ECHL goalie who only saw a handful of NHL starts in seasons where the Sabres were forced to use 6 different goalies.

He probably does wind up back in Cincy and god willing this team doesn't need to keep signing goalies practically off the street in the middle of the season again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

The way I see it is it's fine to have a couple of JAGs on every team.  What was bad in the past was half (or more) the Sabres team was JAGs.  LOL.

Things are getting incrementally better.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Cagiulla get the 1-year 2-way here with a spot lined up as a veteran in Rochester with a jump to the Sabres if injuries get out of hand.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I wouldn't have minded seeing Cagiulla get the 1-year 2-way here with a spot lined up as a veteran in Rochester with a jump to the Sabres if injuries get out of hand.

I got to admit I didn't pay enough attention to him to know his game and know his worth to Rochester.

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I had no use for him.  He was a total nothingburger during his time here.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Would've been fine w/ that as well.  But knowing how management wants to give the kids as much of a chance as possible, could see him thinking he's got a better shot to stay in the NHL as the 12/13 in Pittsburgh who is tight against the cap.  As Kahun, to all our chagrins, likely has the edge on 13 if Peterka doesn't flat out earn a spot in the top 12 & Hinostroza has the edge on that if JJP does lock down a spot; the Pens could be a better opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I got to admit I didn't pay enough attention to him to know his game and know his worth to Rochester.

He was a simple Meatballs hustle guy. He'd be the 15/16F on the depth chart (JJP, Murray, whoever's hot, Biro all get the call-ups before him), but he'd be a role model energy-wise and with NHL experience for the Amerks.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He was a simple Meatballs hustle guy. He'd be the 15/16F on the depth chart (JJP, Murray, whoever's hot, Biro all get the call-ups before him), but he'd be a role model energy-wise and with NHL experience for the Amerks.

Thanks, and thank you for reminding me to look into the AHLTV for the Amerks games.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'f I'm KA I ask Chicago is Toews waves NTC for Buffalo.  Let him come here to center fourth line, be a mentor for all the young centers, he can win face-offs and is  good on pk.  

I would want Toews for Bishop, Bjork, and Buffalo 3rd in 2024.

Chicago drops 4million in cap hit, and saves 1.2 million in real money.

Chicago also still above the cap floor. 

Canucks allegedly talking to teams about dumping Ekman-Larsson.

He's a lefty and has a brutal contract.

But he can still play in the top 4 and fits the elder statesman role here very well. He's only 30.

I wonder would we could get for taking him.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Canucks allegedly talking to teams about dumping Ekman-Larsson.

He's a lefty and has a brutal contract.

But he can still play in the top 4 and fits the elder statesman role here very well. He's only 30.

I wonder would we could get for taking him.

Loved OEL back in the day.

Are you sure he is only 30?  Seems like he has been playing forever.

Probably a 3rd, maybe a second if the cap is really tight.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly, maybe ??
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I'f I'm KA I ask Chicago is Toews waves NTC for Buffalo.  Let him come here to center fourth line, be a mentor for all the young centers, he can win face-offs and is  good on pk.  

I would want Toews for Bishop, Bjork, and Buffalo 3rd in 2024.

Chicago drops 4million in cap hit, and saves 1.2 million in real money.

Chicago also still above the cap floor. 

I am starting to think that Taves retires.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There’s their Backstrom replacement. Big drop off there, IMO.

Closer to home Ottawa extends Josh Norris 8 years for just a smidge under $8 million.

The market for Tage is setting. Wonder if they’re talking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.