2022 NHL Free Agency Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

I’m interested to see who we sign for goalie. No one gets a “well, who was there?” excuse three seasons in a row. If we don’t sign anyone, it’s calculated. 

And the team deserves one. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The dude is 29. Have fun with that in a couple years.

And 7 years for a guy who will be something like the 5th best forward (7th-8th best player) on the team in a year or two, if not right now.  I don't get it.  But they're a printing press, so it doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

And 7 years for a guy who will be something like the 5th best forward (7th-8th best player) on the team in a year or two, if not right now.  I don't get it.  But they're a printing press, so it doesn't really matter.

Trochek, 7 years is way too much I agree. BUT, if they think the team is a cup contender for the next couple years and he will be a piece to help them stay in that contender status, I guess you do the move now and deal with the back half of that contract later.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

It's definitely looking like a 1 year to win it all in Toronto or the bloodletting begins.

I don't think any of the moves they made lately make them much better or much worse than they were last year.  I think in Toronto, they think the team is good enough to 'compete' for a cup if they can past the first round....but their moves so far are not much more than replacing non-core pieces from last year with different non-core pieces.

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't think any of the moves they made lately make them much better or much worse than they were last year.  I think in Toronto, they think the team is good enough to 'compete' for a cup if they can past the first round....but their moves so far are not much more than replacing non-core pieces from last year with different non-core pieces.

I agree.. but they should know they need to do more to get past the first round.. well, given the NHL's goofy playoff format they might actually make it this year but the second round will be hell.  I still don't see them getting to the Finals. Not without more moves..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.