Sabres Sign Malcolm Subban 1 year 850k

PromoTheRobot

I do think we more less see a GT run back. It’s like I said, we were finding the perfect deal, or waiting for Levi (or Levi to fail to pan out, b/f making a move)

Adams would like a better goalie now, but I don’t believe he sees it as strictly necessary until Levi’s ETA

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

But more less A Tokarski, right? 

Anderson, UPL, Subban, Tokarskish. 

In my view, there are free agents (Comrie, Samsonov) who are better than Tokarski.

And I’m still hoping he can pry open someone legit like Quick or Varlamov.

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

But more less A Tokarski, right? 

Anderson, UPL, Subban, Tokarskish. 

It HAS to be someone better than Tokarski because if it isn't, Anderson is the starter AGAIN & that will turn to doo doo by early November once again.  The skaters & fans deserve better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I think he be a fan favorite and teammates would love him .

I'm scared they pay him 6m and play him on.the top 2

Probably about $3-4M and bottom 4 minutes.  The D equivalent of Craig Anderson- an extra coach/mentor for the kids.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On a goalie related side note, but team in general as well....

I think some fans are overlooking the 2nd half play of the team last season, maybe writing it off or just not acknowledging it for what Granato and staff and KA see it as.

I think they'll trade for a net minder. Be patient. This season will undoubtedly be another learning curve season. But with the maturity and a piece here, a piece there, I can see this team battling for a playoff spot.....

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m happy with the 28 year old Subban in that role over 32 year old Tokarski. There’s at least a small amount of potential for growth there, no matter how minuscule it may be. 

I'm not surprised at the signing of Subban but I don't agree that he's a better option than Tokarski for Rochester.  Tokarski exceeded expectations for sure.  It's a good thing too or we would have had to endure more of Dell last season.  Tokarski wasn't expected to be the backup last season, he won the job over the competition (Dell and UPL) who were not ready.  I wish Toker all the best with his next team (and yes it goes without say that we need an adequate goalie to play with Anderson).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I’m happy with the 28 year old Subban in that role over 32 year old Tokarski. There’s at least a small amount of potential for growth there, no matter how minuscule it may be. 

we're aiming for the stars no doubt, up there in Hockey Heaven

Edited by In The Buff

Let me go on record and say this is a bad signing. Malcolm seems like a fine person, but he is a terrible goalie.  I'd have much rather seen a Louis Domingue or Andrew Hammond as UPL mentor/Backup in Rochester.  At least I know if called upon they can handle NHL play.    Malcolm's career NHL numbers are 3.10 and a .898 in 86 games and a 4.85 and .871 for us last year.  Awful.

Domingue's numbers are 3.04 and .905 in 142 NHL games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.