Sabres Sign Vinnie Hinostroza to 1 year 1.7 Million Dollar Extension

Brawndo

15 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Does this mean we will not have to see Bjork anymore? I hope so but Donnie loves him I'm afraid.

Bjork is under contract for one more year.  I think "Donnie loves him" because he's on the roster.  I think if Kevyn moves Bjork to Rochester Donny won't bat an eyelash.  And if they do move him down maybe someone else will claim him off waivers.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So what has KA accomplished so far?

Basically nothing.  The roster, except for the likely additions of Quinn and JJP at forward, is basically the same as we finished up with last season.  He has brought back Vinnie, Anderson and Subban.  Re-signed Bryson. 

He hasn’t upgraded the defense and if Subban makes team, the goaltending is actually worse.  

The next few days are huge for KA and this franchise.  Does he get a starter in goal?  Does he upgrade the right side of the defense?  Are forward upgrades also possible like at 4C.  

As I watch KA sit on his hands so far as Ott and Det upgrade their teams and especially in net, I’m concerned that a team ready to compete is going to be sabotaged by a GM unwilling to take even a small risk.  

worried its always sunny in philadelphia GIF by HULU

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

You want the offensive percentage to be positive, and the defensive percentage to be negative 

Bingo.

It is a good cheap option that makes sure we don't need to play JJP or Quinn on the 4th line because we can plug and play Hinostroza there.

I think we are finding out on this forum again that there are no move(s) that are going to please everyone, and honestly no matter the move some people will be very upset:

-Sign Vinny, no good because he's not good enough and is taking a spot from someone else.  Don't sign him when you can, and you are letting a good bottom 6 guy go and it doesn't matter because you don't want Quinn/JJ playing the role he would.

-Sign guys like Vinny, Subban, and other marginal guys and you are wasting money on 'the same team as last year'. To others, you HAVE to sign guys like that as competition for the young guys, to keep them pushing.

-Don't go after Debrincat, Giroux, Kane, etc...and what is Adams doing?! Other teams are getting better and the Sabres aren't. Yet if you DO go after those guys, we have people upset because they want to make sure you have all the money in the world available to resign the current guys when their next deal is good and they (hopefully) are a lot better.

The Sabres/Adams have a plan and they are sticking to it. Currently I like some of the moves and the 'stated' direction Adams has, so I'm going to trust the moves they make and the pace they have because they have access to a lot more info on these players than any of us do.

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So what has KA accomplished so far?

Basically nothing.  The roster, except for the likely additions of Quinn and JJP at forward, is basically the same as we finished up with last season.  He has brought back Vinnie, Anderson and Subban.  Re-signed Bryson. 

He hasn’t upgraded the defense and if Subban makes team, the goaltending is actually worse.  

The next few days are huge for KA and this franchise.  Does he get a starter in goal?  Does he upgrade the right side of the defense?  Are forward upgrades also possible like at 4C.  

As I watch KA sit on his hands so far as Ott and Det upgrade their teams and especially in net, I’m concerned that a team ready to compete is going to be sabotaged by a GM unwilling to take even a small risk.  

At least we know Ottawa and Detroit don’t buy into the “why compete, look at our division!” narrative spun on Sabres twitter 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, LTS said:

I like this and was hoping it would happen. He has speed and I think has the right character for the team. Those who are expecting big moves by Adams are going to be disappointed. Has has never indicated he wants to go the big splash route and so I am not expecting it.

Welcome back my friend tothe show that never ends ...

So glad you can attend come inside come inside ...

Come inside the show's about to start ........

+++++

Good!!

Every team needs a good Hiney-Stroka.

Am I right @inkman ??!!

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Welcome back my friend tothe show that never ends ...

So glad you can attend come inside come inside ...

Come inside the show's about to start ........

+++++

Good!!

Every team needs a good Hiney-Stroka.

Am I right @inkman ??!!

I was legit pumped they signed him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.