2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Highest the Sabres can get to under the new rules is 3rd.

IF the Sabres won the lottery and moved up to 3 (or if any of the teams between 12 and 16 won) presumably they'd stay at 3 (or their new draft position were it one of the other longshots that won) when the winner of the 2nd lottery gets chosen, right?  So, the team that had been 2nd overall would then fall to 4 if neither of the bottom 2 teams wins that second lottery, right?

One additional Q, if that team that wins the 2nd lottery is close enough to the 1st overall pick to get there would they get the 1st overall or just 2nd overall.  Expecting it's just 2nd overall but don't know that for certain.

I hate the draft lottery...

Heaven forbid a big city like Chicago go through a rebuild.  

They need ticket sales and to be in playoff contention every year, and the NHL wants to make money.

This is as bad as the Crosby win for Pittsburgh.

Edited by sweetlou
  • dislike 1

F Chicago 

Just now, Kronsteen said:

What a shock that the original six team who just lost their last first pick moves up to first pick.

They just lost BOTH of their icon players, Toews and Kane. I hate that they won this. Ugh. Luckily even Bedard alone won’t be able to turn that franchise around. They will need to keep tanking a few more years. Which they probably will. 

• Like (+1) 1

It really does feel fixed. Fella revealing the picks even had the Ducks card backwards, adding ridiculous insult to injury. Sabres miss out on McDavid, get the sulky Boston Eichel, and get lambasted for tanking, but it will all be laughs and congratulations for an original six.

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

Bedard will be a bust!!!!

I don’t think he will be a bust. He’ll be really good. He’s not McDavid level good. He won’t impact hockey games to that level, but he will be a really good player. I won’t predict enshrinement into the HOF yet though. 

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Agreed 

This worry is always overstated to me

McDavid and Draisaitl are both probably better players than Bedard will be, and the two of them led their team to a playoff series with home ice advantage just one time in their first six years (not counting covid crap since I don't know what the heck was happening there and the canadian division was garbage)

Chicago has nothing right now 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.