2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

25 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

When do we start hoping for a high draft choice. 

All the teams below us could pass buffalo and buffalo could possibly be around 6 or 7 pick 

Oh joy 

Lol you're delusional if you think we're gonna finish 6th or 7th.

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The teams in 6-8th are 9-11pts below us with 14 games left. We're not finishing that low.

Anything can happen this is buffalo the most unlucky franchise ever.

All year pushing for the playoffs  ending with the results of a team that looks like a bottom  team 

Yep that sounds about right

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

When do we start hoping for a high draft choice. 

All the teams below us could pass buffalo and buffalo could possibly be around 6 or 7 pick 

Oh joy 

They'll probably need to reset the year after Savoie retires.  1 down year then should be plenty. ;)

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

All year pushing for the playoffs  ending with the results of a team that looks like a bottom  team 

It isn't happening. We're in the 10-15 range. 

8 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres might be in a position to draft the top Dman. 
Admittedly I haven’t paid that much attention to prospects this year 

what’s your thoughts on the kid from Austria? 

He's discount Jiricek. I've seen only some highlights because he plays in a league that's impossible to watch. 

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's discount Jiricek. I've seen only some highlights because he plays in a league that's impossible to watch. 

He doesn’t need to be any more than a Jiricek lite. We already have 2 players (supposedly) much better than Jiricek. 

14 hours ago, kas23 said:

He doesn’t need to be any more than a Jiricek lite. We already have 2 players (supposedly) much better than Jiricek. 

There is a certain, hate we will call it, that Jiricek has for opposing forwards that I wish Owen Power would get a little of. I am a huge fan of Jiricek's style of play and if Reinbacher can bring even 50% of that it would benefit the team. 

I should note that Reinbacher is old for his class with an October bday. He already plays in a men's league and his contract is up. The Sabres could draft him, sign him, put him in the AHL immediately very much like what they did with Kulich. He would not however help the Sabres in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You still think its not possible to get 7 or 6 . 

Bottom teams just keep on winning 

No, it is not happening. You already lost a bet on them finishing bottom four, don't try to lose another with this 6-7 talk. 

21 minutes ago, PotentPowerPlay21 said:

As of Monday March 20 the Sabres have a better chance of drafting Connor Bedard than making the playoffs. (source: moneypuck.com)

If history is any guide I can see it now. At number 11 in the 2023 draft the Sabres draft a highly skilled skater from Sweden who comes in at 5'8" 162lb. The Sabres scouting staff loves him. 

The only skater that fits this description is Rosen and Östlund. Considering there isn't a sub 6ft swede that will go in the early teens, idk how they would accomplish this. 

Also, a players weight at the draft is one of the least important things for fans to worry about I can name. It is like being upset if they ate pizza instead of steak before the draft. Most 18yr olds need to add 20-30lbs of muscle. 

24 minutes ago, PotentPowerPlay21 said:

As of Monday March 20 the Sabres have a better chance of drafting Connor Bedard than making the playoffs. (source: moneypuck.com)

If history is any guide I can see it now. At number 11 in the 2023 draft the Sabres draft a highly skilled skater from Sweden who comes in at 5'8" 162lb. The Sabres scouting staff loves him. 

Don’t forget. We’re not drafting him on how he plays now, but how he will 3-4 years from now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.