2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/connor-bedard-locked-in-at-no-1-in-bob-mckenzie-s-mid-season-nhl-draft-ranking-1.1909910

Bedard No. 1 by a wide margin.

Top 2 D - Pellikka (17) and Reinbacher (20).  Only 5 D in the top 32.  Dragicevic was 27th.  Radek Bonk’s son Oliver a strong 2 way D at 30. 15 D in the next 32.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/connor-bedard-locked-in-at-no-1-in-bob-mckenzie-s-mid-season-nhl-draft-ranking-1.1909910

Bedard No. 1 by a wide margin.

Top 2 D - Pellikka (17) and Reinbacher (20).  Only 5 D in the top 32.  Dragicevic was 27th.  Radek Bonk’s son Oliver a strong 2 way D at 30. 15 D in the next 32.

Sabres have 2 second rounders I believe.

42 minutes ago, NAF said:

Anyone know if this draft is relatively deep? Obviously there's top end talent with Bedard, Michkov, etc., but will we be able to snag some potential middle six players with the three second rounders?

This draft is deep. Better than 2020 or 2021 or 2022 IMPO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Of Note, Pronman ranks Reinbacher 6th which is about 10 spots higher than the next closest and he currently has a consensus ranking of 28th (which will creep up as we go)

6. David Reinbacher, D, Kloten (SWISS)

Oct. 25, 2004 | 6′ 2.0″ | 185 pounds | Shoots right

November 2022 Ranking: 9

Tier: Projected top of the lineup player

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Analysis: Reinbacher has quickly drawn the interest of the NHL world with his very strong play in Switzerland’s top league, where he’s playing real minutes and scoring in a tough league as a draft eligible. He’s a mobile, 6-foot-2 right-shot defenseman who can contribute at both ends. Reinbacher’s gap control is strong, killing a lot of plays due to his feet. He can close on guys with his body too, and shows a high compete level to win back pucks. He’s able to both skate and pass pucks up ice. His offensive touch isn’t elite, but he has creativity with the puck and makes good decisions. There’s a lot of NHL in his game and he will be highly coveted in the draft.

Other RHD that may interest ppl: 

24. Axel Sandin Pellikka, D, Skelleftea (SWEDEN)

Mar. 11, 2005 | 5′ 10.75″ | 176 pounds | Shoots right

25. Oliver Bonk, D, London (OHL)

Jan. 9, 2005 | 6′ 2.0″ | 174 pounds | Shoots right

27. Lukas Dragicevic, D, Tri-City (WHL)

Apr. 25, 2005 | 6′ 1.0″ | 192 pounds | Shoots right

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Of Note, Pronman ranks Reinbacher 6th which is about 10 spots higher than the next closest and he currently has a consensus ranking of 28th (which will creep up as we go)

Other RHD that may interest ppl: 

I have a feeling the Sabres have had a lot of views of Dragicevic. He plays on the same team as Suchanek.

I prefer watching the wild card race, but during this lull in Sabres hockey, I want to get a glimpse of the ‘23 draft prospects.

We can’t rely on these picks for many years but the Sabres have gaps to fill and they need to keep fuel in the prospect pipeline. I don’t want them to become the present day Penguins, trading every prospect and 1st round pick for one more failed playoff run. I know the Pens have their Cups but their pipeline is where they fell short trying to please Sid. Mario got out at the right time.

The Sabres have a decent 1st round and three 2nd round picks so this may be their last chance to add some higher quality talent to their pipeline.

This draft could yield Power’s long term partner, a 4C who excels at PK and the faceoff dot, a goalie to compete with UPL/Levi/Portillo/Leinonen, a Foligno type winger for the bottom six or a physical 5-6 Dman that can defend like Bill Hajt. 

20 hours ago, French Collection said:

Mid season top 40 list from Jason Bukala at Sportsnet. He was director of amateur scouting for Florida.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/scouts-analysis-top-40-prospects-in-2023-and-how-to-build-a-draft-list/

Quite a few RHD in the 25-40 range.

Think I counted 6 which is not bad for us at all. 

Looking at the Sabres roster and where they were drafted indicates to me how much talent is on the team and the importance of the draft.

There are 13 1st round picks. 6 are Sabres picks. Average draft position is 12.5.

There are 6 2nd round picks. 4 are Sabres picks.

There are 1 pick each from rounds 3,4 and 7. Two are Sabres picks.

There is 1 undrafted FA.

That is an impressive collection of talent from their draft years. They are young and still developing while many other high picks are still waiting their turns.

The future is bright and this team has drafted better recently.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.