2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

27 minutes ago, Curt said:

Would be incredible if the Sabres got lottery luck and landed a top two pick, but even if they end up picking in the 10-20 range like I expect, they are still going to get one heck of a prospect.

Don’t forget about the new rule that you can only move up 10 spots.   I’m hopefully the best the Sabres will be able to do is 4th or 5th. …. If they miss the playoffs 

On 10/22/2022 at 8:20 AM, JustOneParade said:

" ..... an unusually high number of right shot defencemen ..."  👍

It's going to be fun to see what the scouting and analytics team can find with those three second round picks.

I have a feeling that Power will play on the right hand side predominately to unleash his offensive skills.  
Sabres lack d prospects all together at this moment, so I’m not as worried about LH vs RH like I’ve been in the past 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd learn about the 8-20 guys. Probably where we pick

Already found my guy ….  Important to note , I’ve never seen him play, nor heard of him before my 10 minutes of research I did yesterday 

19. Kasper Halttunen — RW, HIFK, 6-foot-3

It has been an up-and-down six or so months for Halttunen, who after impressing with Finland at U18s in the spring looked like he was fighting it at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup in the summer. He also made the move from Jokerit to HIFK domestically this fall, and has so far split time between Liiga (where he put seven shots on goal in his first pro game but hasn’t looked quite settled since) and junior (where he is an absolute force). This isn’t a great age group for the Finns but Halttunen has promise as a driven, shot-first, power-forward style winger with a late birthday who can really impose himself against his peers with his ability to get to his spots, outmuscle opposing players, and play a menacing physical style off the puck.

He’s got a pro-built game and frame but he can also make plays for himself and his shot is heavy. He plays to the inside and then he’s got the skill needed to make plays around the net, even at 6-foot-3. I do worry at times about his problem-solving and feel though. He’s a legit prospect but I haven’t seen a star quality in him (at least not yet).

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

When you say 8-20 spots that gives me  Indication not so confident about playoffs anymore 

... We are a bubble playoff team so it's basically the same feeling I had last month. We aren't finishing bottom 4 and also I say 8-20 because the 8th player could slide to 16 in this draft. You took that range to be the exact range I expect us to finish now which is incorrect. 

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

When they win at least 3 of the next 4, if not all 4, people will be talking playoffs again.  Both takes seem to be overreactions.

For the Sabres to be a playoff team they can't let games like Arizona slip away. The Sabres are a fringe playoff contender without much margin of error to work with. They need every point that they can garner even if it is in the first part of the season. That Arizona loss was maddening. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

For the Sabres to be a playoff team they can't let games like Arizona slip away. The Sabres are a fringe playoff contender without much margin of error to work with. They need every point that they can garner even if it is in the first part of the season. That Arizona loss was maddening. 

EVERY team lets a game or 2 slip away. 

But, like you say, the Sabres margin for error is much slimmer than most and that Yotes game needs to be the exception.  And, yes, the game was frustrating as all get out.

• Like (+1) 3

Adam Fantilli, 6'2" C, currently leads the NCAA in points and PPG. He is old for the draft as he is already 18 but he is really solidifying his standing as the 2nd guy in this draft behind Bedard. 

Bedard btw is a 5'10" C, who is currently leading the WHL in points, goals, ppg and won't be 18 until July 17th making him a lot younger than Fantilli by comparison. I mention his age specifically because ik some would look down on his size but... we don't actually know what he'll measure at the combine considering his young draft age. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.