2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

58 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Michkov has been able to score in the KHL as a 16 year old. He may be better than Bedard, injuries, contract and Russia factor may cause him to drop.

He’ll show up ready to make an impact, in his early 20’s, like Kaprizov.

Mitchkov has only 1 Khl game this season so hard to get a read on him right now. 

Bedard has 21pts in 12 whl games. 10 of them goals. 

44 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

" ..... an unusually high number of right shot defencemen ..."  👍

It's going to be fun to see what the scouting and analytics team can find with those three second round picks.

Gavin McCarthy, RHD, from Clarence Center, played for the Jr Sabres, probably will have a 2nd round rating.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Mitchkov has only 1 Khl game this season so hard to get a read on him right now. 

Bedard has 21pts in 12 whl games. 10 of them goals. 

Agree that it is hard to gauge Michkov. He scored a few in the KHL last year.

I take Bedard 1st but I think Michkov could be as good as him  and probably is better than Fantilli/Carlson.

This will be an interesting development this season. I’m glad the Sabres are playing well, not looking like an early pick.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, sabresparaavida said:

That was more of a joke than anything else 😂

Though to be honest, 1 more year of futility would be worth it IF we got Bedard. There’s no guarantee to win the lottery though, so it’s not something I’d want to go through. 

No more futility.  

We tanked for McDavid and we got Eichel.  Was it worth it?  Look at all the good players in that draft.   Tanking is for losers. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Even if he didn't play the whole season he would go 2nd overall

I disagree. Fantilli is destroying the NCAA. A big fast centre and you don’t have to wait 3 years+ for him to impact your team. If the big Swedish centre continues to develop too there will be some major debates at #2. Franchise centres always trump wingers.

59 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I disagree. Fantilli is destroying the NCAA. A big fast centre and you don’t have to wait 3 years+ for him to impact your team. If the big Swedish centre continues to develop too there will be some major debates at #2. Franchise centres always trump wingers.

Tell that to ovechkin, panarin,kaprizov 

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes because Fantilli is being compared to them .

Read up 

I wasn’t saying he was. I was reacting your point that implied Franchise wingers = Franchise centers, and I was disagreeing. I did not declare that Fantilli was going to be a franchise center. If you don’t think he will be, why not just refute that, instead of making a completely separate point. 

11 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I wasn’t saying he was. I was reacting your point that implied Franchise wingers = Franchise centers, and I was disagreeing. I did not declare that Fantilli was going to be a franchise center. If you don’t think he will be, why not just refute that, instead of making a completely separate point. 

Yeah i wasn't saying that .

Im saying they're just as important if they're of that player

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t think we should underestimate the effect of this 3+ year wait period. GMs are humans too and will do anything to preserve their job. For such a high pick, they need results relatively quickly. Can a GM who just finished 2nd last afford to wait 3+ years for results before getting fired? I think anyone who drafts Mitchkov is going to be one that feels very comfortable in his seat. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I pulled EP's top 32 consolidated now that there are about 4 rankings to use. As always, will plug EP subscription cuz I love their extras and hockey coverage. We will call this November Consolidated Rankings for the 2023 NHL Draft

2023draft_consolidatedNov.thumb.png.fb0b58a3bfe831a59fc0a0143a2372d3.png

2023draft_consolidatedNov1.thumb.png.9d67ed5eefcab27d58864dcd93ac6a55.png

Would be incredible if the Sabres got lottery luck and landed a top two pick, but even if they end up picking in the 10-20 range like I expect, they are still going to get one heck of a prospect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.