Sabres Extend Qualifying Offers to 4 RFAs

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No surprises here

Wonder why they put the photos up in a different order than they were listed in the tweet?

(And for the handful of non-regulars here, that's R2, UPL, & Murray, followed by Goalofsson in the photos.)

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So lawrence pilut is gone ?

They & the NHL apparently don't have the KHL paperwork proving he's no longer encumbered yet.  Until they have that, there's nothing they need to do to retain his rights; their paperwork remains on file.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

KA said he wants to sign him but is waiting on confirmation from the KHL that Pilut's contract is terminated 

BREAKING NEWS: Some guy named V. Putin, spokesman for the KHL states that the KHL will only release Pilut if the USA returns Alaska to Russia. The USA responded with a counter-offer that not only included Alaska but California going to the KHL with no monetary exchange. Russia, upset with the direction the negotiations were headed, gave a one time counter offer of a complete withdrawal in Ukraine if the USA drops California from the deal. Rumor has it that USA officials lamented in private that "at least we tried". 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

With what just happened in the RFA qualifying market, the Sabres should put Bjork on waivers and go out and pick up one of several now UFA's who went unqualified but are significantly better than Bjork. Milano, Kase, or Dylan Strome. Ilya Samsonov would be a target if I were Buffalo as well.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They can get all the rejects, er, highly valued prospects back: Lemieux, Johansson, Guhle.  Boys, we're getting the band back together!  😄

(Would actually take a shot at landing Samsonov.)

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

With what just happened in the RFA qualifying market, the Sabres should put Bjork on waivers and go out and pick up one of several now UFA's who went unqualified but are significantly better than Bjork. Milano, Kase, or Dylan Strome. Ilya Samsonov would be a target if I were Buffalo as well.

What’s Washington doing? Add them to the list of teams with no NHL goalies under contract. 

I am shocked by some of the names not tendered a Q offer.  Kubel, Kase, both Stromes, Evgeny Svechnikov, Milano, Steel, Jacob Larsson, Heinen, Kubalik, LaFontaine, Samsonov, many others.  There are some really good players on this list, although most are goaltenders and depth forwards.  I don't see really any value D.  Larsson might be a nice addition in Rochester.  @LGR4GM favorite Rochester kid, David Farrance, might also be a solid addition in Rochester.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I am shocked by some of the names not tendered a Q offer.  Kubel, Kase, both Stromes, Evgeny Svechnikov, Milano, Steel, Jacob Larsson, Heinen, Kubalik, LaFontaine, Samsonov, many others.  There are some really good players on this list, although most are goaltenders and depth forwards.  I don't see really any value D.  Larsson might be a nice addition in Rochester.  @LGR4GM favorite Rochester kid, David Farrance, might also be a solid addition in Rochester.

This is a great idea. Was at the Program with Granato and might like the chance to play at Home. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Missed him w/ a quick perusal of the list.

Git 'er dun Kevyn.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

There aren't any names on this list that excite me. Maybe Samsonov, but only if they can't find a better goalie option. Kase has skill, but I'd steer clear. He's made of glass. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.