2022 NHL Draft Day 2

GASabresIUFAN

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Athletic rates the Sabres draft class tied for 3rd best with AZ and CBJ.

Buffalo Sabres: A-
I was a big fan of how Buffalo approached this draft. They acquired a lot of skill, hockey sense and scoring touch in the top four rounds to go with a top goalie prospect in Topias Leinonen. I could quibble with a few things — Noah Östlund at 16 was a tad high for me personally, even though the NHL industry roughly had him there. That said, I like a lot of the players they brought in and can envision several quality regulars coming out of this draft, including a projected good top-six forward in Matthew Savoie.

https://theathletic.com/3409495/2022/07/08/nhl-draft-grades-analysis?source=user-shared-article

Where was Winnipeg 

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Where was Winnipeg 

Winnipeg Jets: B+

Even though Brad Lambert predictably fell hard in the draft, he’s still a very good — albeit imperfect — player. Lambert and McGroarty are top forwards whom I can see becoming top-nine forwards in the NHL or better. I think the Jets’ next two picks, Elias Salomonsson and Danny Zhilkin, also have solid chances to play.

Tied with 5 other teams

• Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The last 3? Or more? 

That sequence, combined with Forton's bit on running through (130?) names on their list their year after typically only needing 80 or 90, and the last 3 picks being developmental league Swedes makes me wonder if they had run out of names.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

That sequence, combined with Forton's bit on running through (130?) names on their list their year after typically only needing 80 or 90, and the last 3 picks being developmental league Swedes makes me wonder if they had run out of names.

That wouldn’t be a complete surprise, but all three picks do at least one thing really well.  Karlsson and Berndtsson are goal scorers and apparently Linus is a gifted stickhandler.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.