2022 NHL Draft Day 2

GASabresIUFAN

• SDS pinned this topic

For the record: I hope 41 is defense and there should be plenty available.

I'd take a flier on Casey's brother in the 5th or 6th or wherever he's projected to go; if you have 11 picks, you can use one for fun. My sleeper is Gustafson from WHL Seattle who is a high-motor guy that Adams covets. I'd take a serious look at him in the 4th for a bottom line energy role as he's rumored to be moving up the draft boards this spring. Finally, I'd draft 2 goalies: one long-term NCAA-bound prospect and one overager in the 7th who could immediately be a #3 in ROC or play in Cincinnati.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

RD I like that I’d be alright with at 41:

Chelsey, Luneau, Warren, Casey, Salmosson, Havelid

non Rd I’d be alright with:

Trikozov, owen beck (think we need more Cs? lol) 

For me here in round 2:

RD - Chesley, Luneau, Warren, Havelid

Other - Trikozov, Nyman, Lutz, Beck

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'd take a flier on Casey's brother in the 5th or 6th or wherever he's projected to go; if you have 11 picks, you can use one for fun. My sleeper is Gustafson from WHL Seattle who is a high-motor guy that Adams covets. I'd take a serious look at him in the 4th for a bottom line energy role as he's rumored to be moving up the draft boards this spring. Finally, I'd draft 2 goalies: one long-term NCAA-bound prospect and one overager in the 7th who could immediately be a #3 in ROC or play in Cincinnati.

I like this plan.  Take the Havelid twins and get Luke Mittelstadt.  

I like the first round.  I have been stating that center is area  of need, although these kids are not immediate help, they fit the mold that Adams has.  

The next need positions for the pipeline are defense (RHD) and G.  Lots of picks left to shore up these areas. 

They should also look for a few bigger, “gritty” guys that can be developed.  

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I don't know any of these guys, but was looking at some of the goalie write-ups and they're uninspiring to say the least.  Doesn't appear to be a good draft to pick Gs

Edited by Cage

14 minutes ago, Cage said:

I don't know any of these guys, but was looking at some of the goalie write-ups and they're uninspiring to say the least.  Doesn't appear to be a good draft to pick Gs

Maybe this can work in our favor if we are potentially shopping rights to Portillo.  The league in general seems to be weak for elite netminders.

34 minutes ago, Cage said:

Goalies take longer to develop so a team needs to have the long view on them. There do not seem to be any elite G this year but a few good ones may emerge in 5 years.

In the CHL, draft year goalies may be behind a 19-20 year old and hardly getting any starts. This is especially true on a team making a run. This coming season may be where they get to show what they have. This is why the Sabres should look at overage goalies as an option. There are plenty who have been overlooked in the last draft or two.

I know he is small and they already have Levi but Brett Brochu of the London Knights has had a great junior career but been passed over because he is 5’11”. He may be worth a look with a late pick.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/485872/brett-brochu

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.