Rd 1, #28 Jiri Kulich (C)

Brawndo

I think this board is napping on Kulich a little. He's basically like another Peterka with a better shot and while I don't think he makes the team this season, next season he might. There's a lot to like about his small area game, shot, defending skills, and overall ability to play a good effective game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I think this board is napping on Kulich a little. He's basically like another Peterka with a better shot and while I don't think he makes the team this season, next season he might. There's a lot to like about his small area game, shot, defending skills, and overall ability to play a good effective game

Not so much napping more like lets see it in action.... Hard to tell how players will honestly develop at the next level.

Quinn last year was a good example, nobody expected him to make a name for himself so quickly but he showed he could play. Some growing pains but were expecting him to be a solid player in the pros after watching him in Rochester for the the year.

This year we watch Rosen and see what he's is really aboot eh!

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think this board is napping on Kulich a little. He's basically like another Peterka with a better shot and while I don't think he makes the team this season, next season he might. There's a lot to like about his small area game, shot, defending skills, and overall ability to play a good effective game.

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Not so much napping more like lets see it in action.... Hard to tell how players will honestly develop at the next level.

Quinn last year was a good example, nobody expected him to make a name for himself so quickly but he showed he could play. Some growing pains but were expecting him to be a solid player in the pros after watching him in Rochester for the the year.

This year we watch Rosen and see what he's is really aboot eh!

How often have I said he was my favorite pick of ours in this draft.  After Kasper, this is the one kid I really wanted.  Watched him pot 9 goals on a mediocre Czech team in the U18s.  He was also good in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and even in the U20s.  I kind of hope he plays in Rochester in the fall, but I wonder if KA will send him to the CHL for a year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How often have I said he was my favorite pick of ours in this draft.  After Kasper, this is the one kid I really wanted.  Watched him pot 9 goals on a mediocre Czech team in the U18s.  He was also good in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and even in the U20s.  I kind of hope he plays in Rochester in the fall, but I wonder if KA will send him to the CHL for a year.

From Adam Mair's interview sounds like there is a good chance he plays in the Q this year.

I'm kinda expecting the Sabres to sign all three 1st rounders shortly after camp.

And to @LGR4GM, personally I'm exceptionally high on Kulich.

Kid is a hockey player. Right there with JJ as among the best "value picks" the Sabres have made.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I like him better than Östlund.  Would have been happy with taking him at 16.  Surprised he was there at 28.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

wow 

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Cool...You've watched him some, that does sound exciting....

I'm just a guy who heard his name for the 1st time when we drafted him. so I get regulated to the wait and see crowd, but what you mention sounds great.. Looking forward to seeing that come to fruition

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I was too optimistic at start about him, I had him playing games in the NHL this year already, but they will have him a year in the AHL for sure.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You know how much the fans love bringing back former players.

Usually in coaching or management roles, but the fans do get excited when a Pommers comes back again. 

Reino was my favorite Sabre of the Eichel era.  I have his jersey.  I never want to see him in a Sabres jersey again.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Reino was my favorite Sabre of the Eichel era.  I have his jersey.  I never want to see him in a Sabres jersey again.

Reino was never a “Buffalo” type of player that fans would ever love, from the day he was drafted (I was hoping for Draisatl).

I’m surprised he was your favorite. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.