Rd 1, Pick 9: Matthew Savoie (C)

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This kid plays 100 NHL games tops.

You say that because of all the film you’ve watched in the kid?

Who pissed in your cheerios?

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What is team Rossi?  And I’ll do a $50 charity bet that he doesn’t play 100 NHL games by what, June 2026?

I’ll take that action.

7 minutes ago, Derrico said:

More importantly, what is your take on the pick?  I haven’t seen an immediate reaction yet.  

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Or even a delayed one.

I worry slightly about Savoie's size and the fact he recorded about 36% of his primary points on the PP. He needs another year in juniors and maybe 2 to really add strength and round out his game. I think his hands and shot are great, sometimes I think his vision could be better.

At 9, this is a good pick. I would rather right now in 2022 Savoie at 9 versus Geekie at 11.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

You say that because of all the film you’ve watched in the kid?

Who pissed in your cheerios?

I’ll take that action.

Every year there’s someone but unusual it’s Eleven

10 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m pretty sure you were livid when Quinn was chosen over Rossi. I’ll make that bet, but you’ll have to remember because I’ll forget about this when I read the next thread.

Bet is in.  You may be right on the Quinn/Rossi thing, but I don't remember either!  But the bet is in.  100 NHL games before June 2026 for Savoie.  Oh, if either of us dies before then, it's a null.

Edited by Eleven

Just now, Eleven said:

Bet is in.  You may be right on the Quinn/Rossi thing, but I don't remember either!  But the bet is in.  100 NHL games before June 2026 for Savoie.  Oh, if either of us die before then, it's a null.

2024 may kill us all.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's fast with the puck.

Either he is super fast or he plays with players that are slow as *****

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I worry slightly about Savoie's size and the fact he recorded about 36% of his primary points on the PP. He needs another year in juniors and maybe 2 to really add strength and round out his game. I think his hands and shot are great, sometimes I think his vision could be better.

At 9, this is a good pick. I would rather right now in 2022 Savoie at 9 versus Geekie at 11.

A point on the power plays as good as a point in 5v5. Just put the puck in the net baby.

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

None of these were a problem for Briere. Just the late start!

52 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What is team Rossi?  And I’ll do a $50 charity bet that he doesn’t play 100 NHL games by what, June 2026?

I went back to the draft thread. While you were unhappy with Quinn, I misremembered you championing Rossi. The only thing you really said was that Rossi was the only thing that inspired you in that group of players and the rest were just blah.

Just now, SDS said:

I went back to the draft thread. While you were unhappy with Quinn, I misremembered you championing Rossi. The only thing you really said was that Rossi was the only thing that inspired you in that group of players and the rest were just blah.

Thanks, fair enough, and I'll stand by the bet if you'd like.

Just now, Eleven said:

Thanks, fair enough, and I'll stand by the bet if you'd like.

I’m good with whatever you decide. You remember your position better than I do. Which, I hate to break it to you, that’s a ***** really low bar. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if he is going to make his own stick from a tree that got hit by lightning and name it the "Savoie Special" 😆

A Buffalo reference without specifically mentioning Buffalo.

"Natural" fit.

• Like (+1) 2